• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shutter causing a slight shake when it's released.

38 posts in this topic

Glad I could help! Sometimes, it's the smallest things that make the biggest differences! I'm happy you got it working though!

Me too! These Morgans are looking sweet on the 60" LCD HDTV! :D

With HDMI, can you zoom in (for critical focusing) using the camera's zoom functions as you would on the camera screen? The Nikon software is pretty meager when it comes to Live View, only allowing a small screen to pop up, but it does allow you to view 100% pixel detail on that small screen.

I'm surprised at the limitations of the D3100 for software LV. They never did a firmware upgrade to fix it?

Yes, the D3100 is able to zoom in and out through the HMDI. I tested the function but have not tried to produce any meaningful photos with it. In my next session though, I will test it out and see what I can accomplish. I'm not sure what the level of detail will be though. It will be interesting to see.

Here are a couple of images using the Nikon HDMI live view feature. ( Bellows and Apo-Rodogan D 75mm lens)

First pic is the highest magnification I can get to show on the TV screen.

DSC_0001_04.jpg

Here's the D - Horizontal D cropped in RAW format then converted to JPEG.

DSC_0002_01.jpg

Coin look familiar to anyone?

That's very nice and sharp. Your magnification is about 2:1 for this shot and the pixel level detail looks better than I would have expected...Ray

Mike, did you buy that coin from wdrob's website? If so, I believe that I owned that same coin there for a short time before I shipped it off to you!

Yep....same coin. Thanks by the way, for the nice coin. Love the D/Horizontal D, this one is very easy to see.

I'll have to leave you some positive feedback in the Kudos thread. (thumbs u