• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is PCGS Forum Down?

116 posts in this topic

Really? Two posts about this same mess? Do you people have nothing else better to do on the NGC forums than talk about the PCGS foru :cool: ms?

Really? Do you have nothing else better to do on the NGC forums than talk about a thread about the PCGS forum? Really? :devil:

Really? Two posts about this same mess? Do you people have nothing else better to do on the NGC forums than talk about the PCGS foru :cool: ms?

Really? Do you have nothing else better to do on the NGC forums than talk about a thread about the PCGS forum? Really? :devil:

Hi Mark! :)

As a matter if fact, no.

The PCGS forums appear to be down and folks come over here to see if its really down or maybe its their PC/LapTop/Iphone/Tablet. Whats wrong with that?

Lee

As a matter if fact, no.

The PCGS forums appear to be down and folks come over here to see if its really down or maybe its their PC/LapTop/Iphone/Tablet. Whats wrong with that?

Lee

Would it be OK to go to the Coke forums and ask if the Pepsi site is down? Would it be OK to post on these forums and ask if the Teletubbies site is down? Is this now the site to ask about other sites?

One of the things that I like about the NGC site is that it is a mellow site. TPTB don't get all cranked up about members talking about other sites or grading organizations. Many members here are also members ATS, and it is logical for us to try and find out coin related info, which in this day and era includes websites, on this site.

One of the things that I like about the NGC site is that it is a mellow site. TPTB don't get all cranked up about members talking about other sites or grading organizations. Many members here are also members ATS, and it is logical for us to try and find out coin related info, which in this day and era includes websites, on this site.

+1

I never got the animosity of some collectors in this NGC vs. PCGS thing. I mean we all have had 'disagreements' with one or the other organization but this is not Palestine vs. Israel. By asking about one site over the other is not like we are giving the other free advertising or something.

For those that have posted and see so offended that we are asking a question about PCGS on a NGC board....shouldn't you be happy that we are talking so much about how PCGS has been down for so long and how often it has been doing this? Seems like you would encourage us to talk about this if you are so big on NGC and against PCGS.

Like Lee and Sy both said, many are members of both sites. I spend the same amount of time there as I do here. I see nothing wrong asking if there is a problem.

In fairness to the OP, the other thread has nothing about PCGS being down in the thread title, just a question about ATS. He may not even know what ATS is.

I never got the animosity of some collectors in this NGC vs. PCGS thing. I mean we all have had 'disagreements' with one or the other organization but this is not Palestine vs. Israel. By asking about one site over the other is not like we are giving the other free advertising or something.

For those that have posted and see so offended that we are asking a question about PCGS on a NGC board....shouldn't you be happy that we are talking so much about how PCGS has been down for so long and how often it has been doing this? Seems like you would encourage us to talk about this if you are so big on NGC and against PCGS.

This has nothing to do with a PCGS vs. NGC issue. This isn't us vs. them.

1) Speaking only for myself, I find it rude to come over to a competitors site and ask about the competition. It's basically like saying, I don't want to be here and I can't wait until I can leave to go ATS to their site. I'd feel the same way if someone went to the PCGS site and asked if the NGC site was down.

2) Every time the PCGS site is down, this site gets an influx of PCGS-forum posters that generally contribute nothing of value here and then they are gone the very second the PCGS forums are back up. Again, very rude.

3) Two threads in the US coins forum. At the very least they could have put it in the Numismatic General forum. If the OP didn't see this thread, there is always a search function and the ability to look at the last dozen threads to see if anything might be relating to it.

Again, just my personal opinion.

I like both forums and just wish this one was more active. I joined these forums so that I wasn't losing the opportunity to interact with the likes of RWB, David Lange, Mark Feld etc....there are great different resources here that are not available ATS. Granted, ATS has great different resources not available here. I like having as many great resources available to me as possible. I hope the best for both sides of the street so that knowledge sharing can take place and everyone can thrive.

This has nothing to do with a PCGS vs. NGC issue. This isn't us vs. them.

1) Speaking only for myself, I find it rude to come over to a competitors site and ask about the competition. It's basically like saying, I don't want to be here and I can't wait until I can leave to go ATS to their site. I'd feel the same way if someone went to the PCGS site and asked if the NGC site was down.

2) Every time the PCGS site is down, this site gets an influx of PCGS-forum posters that generally contribute nothing of value here and then they are gone the very second the PCGS forums are back up. Again, very rude.

3) Two threads in the US coins forum. At the very least they could have put it in the Numismatic General forum. If the OP didn't see this thread, there is always a search function and the ability to look at the last dozen threads to see if anything might be relating to it.

Again, just my personal opinion.

I agree with Greg. If the only time we see you posting here is to ask if the boards ATS are down then it's a bit tacky and rude.