• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another 1893-S counterfeit slab and coin on Ebay.

13 posts in this topic

Right off the bat, the 1 of the date is NOT centered over a dentil, red flag a flying, buzzers a blaring. Notified Ebay, listing is still up, seller swears it's legitimate he had it authenticated. By who I wonder. Please report.

Ebaylink

Heritagelink

Counterfeit pic KGrHqIOKo0FHYBhqvCVBR5H8ebvw60_57_zps94f729e6.jpg

The genuine piece, image courtesy of Heritage

lf_zpsd5ecfbcc.jpg

This was being discussed ATS, another member found the image from Heritage. I just found it necessary to inform members here. I do spend considerable amounts of time combing Ebay for fakes, counterfeits, pirated pics etc.

EDIT: This has gotten so bad IMO, all of the TPG's need there own task force to combat the counterfeiting. I wonder how many slip through?

Additionally, in terms of detail, the counterfeit looks unc., if not very close to it - noticeably better than AU 50. I have seen other counterfeits which also displayed too much detail for the grade on the counterfeit grading label.

I reported the listing last night and expect that it will be removed later today or tomorrow.

I noticed that the bar code does'nt even come close to the original. Does anyone know if the bar code contains the serial number? I would be nice to have an app to read the bar code and spit out the number to see if it matches...

Successfully nuked! No onward to the next nuking :) I try my best to make it difficult for the fraudsters. Actually, me and a dozen others are combing Ebay daily.

:headbang: