• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 P Jefferson Nickel Reverse Struck Thru Error posted by walnutto

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

A MS67 too!

I went to my local coin dealer in Green Bay. They sell more trading cards than coins. Not surprising yeh? Anyways, I bought 4 of the 2013 Mint Sets. There last four they had in stock with 3 still sealed brown boxes and one open for display.

The best of all four sets was....the opened one... lol

Going thru the coins in the sets something caught my eye and I relooked and sure enough there is a few impressions on the Reverse right below the steps. The photo didn't show it all but you get the idea. Kinda looks like part of the nose or cheek from the Obverse. It's not enough in my opinion to get graded for Mint Error but does have a great shot at MS67.

So if you enjoy Mint errors, keep your eye on the nickels!

Thanks

13951.jpg

See more journals by walnutto

If there are elements of the obverse showing through to the reverse, then it is not a strike-thru but a die clash, caused when the dies hit together with no planchet in between. Interesting coin!