• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1878 CC Morgan Dollar Soft Pack

4 posts in this topic

I'm just starting out to establish a competitive set for my Morgan $$. I was entering my CC coins- all NGC certified. My 1878 CC is in a soft pack with NGC certification. The number is on the reverse on the packaging- it starts out as a standard NGC number but instead of ending in "-001" it ends in " 001" (no dash). I can't get this coin to enter into my set- what's up? I keep getting an error message when I try to plug in the numbers.

• Administrator

Sorry you are having trouble. Please go ahead and try it with the hyphen in front of the 001, as you thought it should be. If that doesn't work, please let us know. Thanks.

The coin enters fine in my "Collection Manager" section, but it doesn't show up in my Morgan Dollar competitive set (JeffRM Morgan Dollars). When I try to enter the number it says "Not Valid for Slot". The slab number is "4179301 001". Any help would be appreciated!

• Administrator

Good Morning, Jeff.

You did exactly what was appropriate last night, as explained below:

You may manually enter in your coin, although it may not appear as 1 AVAILABLE COIN.

When you are in EDIT SET mode, go ahead and click on NGC, NCS, or PCGS as the grader. Then manually type in the cert. number in the box provided in the Cert # column.

Scroll down and SAVE your changes.

When you receive any automated messages that say, "This coin is not valid for this slot...," and, "Are you sure you want to save...?" Please go ahead, and say YES. This generates an automated process where I receive the same message and all of the details involved. Then with a few clicks, I can easily and quickly add your coin to that set for you. After I add the coin(s), you will receive a message saying the coin was added to your set(s).

Jeff, the coin is now in your set. If you have further questions, please let us know. Thanks, and have a super day!