• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions Please posted by VUMC409

15 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

On a new photo layout for my Lincolns.

I keep seeing all of these great photos members are doing up to present their coins, especially the ones with the black backgrounds. So I thought to myself how great they look and how they make the coins pop. Hence, I decided to fix one up for myself. It's is attached so please leave me some honest, constructive feedback even if it is negative.

Opinions - Just like ya know, everybody has one! Share it here...

Thanks for viewing and happy collecting, or picture taking, as the case may be.

Michael

13752.jpg

See more journals by VUMC409

Nice! I would include the NGC label above the mintage. Either that or reference what the cert # is. Very pretty layout!

Very nice Micheal, you know I love these types of presentations. Let's see, I like the font and the color of the font. It seems to be missing something though, everything is so square. Perhaps some kind of border either on the insets or around the entire photo will enhance the look. All the best, and remember, when it comes to your coins no-ones opinion matters but your own.

Gary

Very nice presentation, well done! I agree with Gary a border would help frame the collage a bit better, other than that, very nice work!

Larry

Hi Michael,

Gorgeous!!!! I keep thinking I would like to do something like this. You have a very nice presentation, if I do some of my own, I will try to make them up to your standards. One thing I thought of, that I might do on my own, is maybe include some historical facts along with the coin photos. You did an awesome job, please keep it up.

Iowa Silver Baron (Brian)

The photo's are really nice but I have to disagree with suggestions that say to add a border or add this. IMO the 2 photo's you added (young and older Lincoln and the Lincoln Memorial) are too much. I guess I'm "old school". Keep it simple and keep it classy. Too much bling distracts from the coin itself.

I don't know why people try to "dress" up their photo's with all the eye candy. It cheapens the presentation. Again IMHO

Great photo's of the coin !!!!!

Mike

One other note: On the obverse image too much of the rim is cropped. I'd also leave some black area below the coin and left/right of the coin.

Nice work with the photo inserts, I like those and might even make them a touch larger.

I have to agree with Moondoggy on his comments. The K.I.S.S. process will alway be the best. Too much info takes away from the intrigueness of the coin.

A tibit of -- little known -- history, however, would be good like. . . Old Abe and George Washington were good drinking buddies. :pullhair: IMHO.

The black background looks really nice.

Semper Fi !

Jack

Your on a Roll' Michael,,,,?

With the Black background, an with lincolns color' it sure looks great to me.

My suggestion, Try experimenting with different background colors,,where

not to much of one color, know what I mean,,,,?

little of everything,,,,Your set will definitely look a lot better with also an nice

description on each coin as well. Good Luck, and keep posting,,,Jim

Hi Micheal, That is a great presentation you have, but i would remove one picture of mr lincoln and add copper line just over the lincoln cent's and just below the two picture's, i think this would separate the top from the bottom. That is a great piece of work keep it up. Don