• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well Struck, PL 88-s

14 posts in this topic

I think pictures are tad hard to show PL.

I have a DPL (PCGS can call it DMPL all they want) 82-cc I'll show you guys. It is only a 64 but the reflection is insane on it. If there was ever time for a ultra-deep mirror 'ranking it would be with this coin.

This one was a test guys.

This coin was first one of the lot I sent it. I pick it up Tuesday.

Came back 62 PL.

Maybe it is the images, but the dark discoloration on the eagle's breast makes me think that this is a slider AU.

Yeah sorry for pics guys. It is a balancing act as want to get close enough to show as many marks as possible but at same time get too close and I get a dark coin.

Judging solely from teh obverse pics, I'd call it 62 max and not even close to PL. I understand that PL surfaces are very hard to capture in photo's though, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I'd like to see it in the holder. I think 62 is fair, but it's hard to imagine PL by the posted pics. Not saying it didn't come back that way but a different angle may lend additional understanding.

I can see 62, but PL really surprises me. Would never guess it from the obverse pic.Might be the pics though