• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week # 127 - Back on track.

11 posts in this topic

QUESTION:

The law passed in 1890 mandating a minimum of 25 years of coinage before a design could be changed exempted two current coin types. What were they?

Good Luck!

Our first place winner will receive the 2005 Red Book. We will also give a prize to a randomly selected player.

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

Post Extras:

This is a guess, but I'm going to say the nickel and the silver dollar, because those were the only designs being minted in 1890 which were less than 25 years old at the time.

Ummmm.... Well I'm thinking of three, but I can probably eliminate one so... I'll make my final answers.....

1) The Sacagawea Dollar. Which replaced the Susan B. Anthony Dollars after only a 20 year span of mintage dates (1979-1999).

2) The Kenndy Half Dollar. Which replaced the Franklin Half Dollar after only a 15 year run of mintage (1948-1963).

The thrid one, that I'm gonna toss out, is the Washington Quarter. Aside from the Bicentennial Coins, the Quarter kept it's same old design for a 66 year run. Now with the Statehood Design program changing the reverse design every 10 weeks, I'm not sure if this design change applies to the 1890 law or not.? confused-smiley-013.gif???

So I'll toss this answer out!

Another Mind Teaser This Week! thumbsup2.gif

Hmmmm......

The dollar coin I believe was specifically mentioned, and I would have to guess the one cent piece, because the law was specfically targeting silver coins.

Probably both wrong..... confused-smiley-013.gif

QUESTION:

The law passed in 1890 mandating a minimum 25 years of coinage before a design could be changed exempted two current coin types. What were they?

ANSWER:

The Liberty Head Nickel and the Morgan Silver Dollar

Congratulations Reid1836!!! You are this weeks numismaquest winner!! Your prize is the 2005 Red Book.

The runner up winner is Ziggy29! Your prize is a display box.

Thanks for playing and stop back next week for another question.