• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's Finally Finished

14 posts in this topic

Just a formality now

I won the 1941 D Lincoln cent yesterday to bring to a close, my 1934 - 1958 business strike Lincoln Cent collection. The only exception will be the 1955 DDO. That one will stay blank for awhile.

I have been working on this set off and on for about 5 years, but have really been grinding it down over the past year and a half or so. In about a week when the mailman drops it off, it will be finished.

Happy collecting,

Marcus

See more journals by Texan's Coins

Congratulations! I know the feel of satisfaction that comes from completing a set. :cloud9:

My problem is that even though the set is complete, I can't seem to let it be. I've upgraded no less than 9 coins out of 42 in my USPI-1C set since I completed it last year. There's still three more I'd like to upgrade, but only one that I'll ever be able to rationalize spending the money on. So as of right now, I'm still looking for one more upgrade....

Great Success Marcus!!!

I have been working on the Lincolns and Roosevelts for over two years now. Hopefully in three years I will be able to post the same journal for my sets.

Congrats,

Rick

Congrats Marcus. As a new collector, I can only guess at the satisfaction you will feel as you anxiously await your postal worker to deliver your final coin!

Congratulations Marcus! That's a great accomplishment and one you should be very proud of! Now if only I could follow your good example and finish a set myself...........

Congratulations, Marcus. Finishing a challenging set is a great feeling, at least until the "upgrade" bug bites. I "finished" my Walking Liberty set in 2008, five years later it will be "finished" again if I can just upgrade three more of the early dates and the 1947-D. Oh wait, they added a Walking Liberty With Varieties set? Ten more slots to fill!