• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VAM17? Decent macro pics, what do you think?

19 posts in this topic

Discussed it within another thread of mine ATS, maybe some folks here can point me in the right direction. It does have the pointed wing feather at the bottom on the arrow point side. There is also some doubling of lettering and along the edge of the wing.

I appreciate any and all info,

Scott

b4aa0fd2-80ba-4f7c-a40b-6407dc29ea9a.jpg

DSCF4236.jpg

DSCF4242.jpg

DSCF4241.jpg

DSCF4240.jpg

DSCF4238.jpg

DSCF4244.jpg

To me, it looks like machine doubling. As far as the VAM goes; it looks like 17 is 8TF Diagonal in 8, and not what you have.

I'm not the best with VAM's, so it's possible I'm incorrect ;) It's nice regardless.

I have the 8TF Attribution Guide (disc) and I still have trouble with them, but I'm with James on this. Your close-ups are super!

Chris

VAM 10.

By the way, any time you want to know which VAM is which, just ask John. He doesn't even have to see a photo to tell you what it is.

Chris :devil:

<<Who cares about the VAM? I want to know how you got such magnificent images!!>>

I posted this ATS, I'm morgansforever over there. It's not anything special. The camera is a FUJI Finepix S3280, 14MP, 24x zoom digital point n shoot purchased from a pawn shop for $100, with adjustable everything, i.e WB, SS, ISO, F-stop. I started out using a Pringles can and mounted my 72MM Redrock 8X macro lens to one end, the male side fit perfectly into the can then used electrical tape to secure it. I cut open the metal side with a can opener. The side with the plastic cover was taken off. Using my lens cap I scribed a circle with an X-acto knife. I cut it just a tad smaller than my fixed lens and slipped it over, using electrical tape to secure the lid to the can. Then started experimenting. I now have a mount that slips over the fixed lens with 72MM female threads and is secured with set screws. It's a poor mans setup that will generate so so macro images. If you notice the edges are blurry.

EDIT: Thankyou for taking the time to identify it MD.

DSCF0168-1.jpg

IMG_170093.jpg

S3200-1.jpg

Interesting. I saw your thread on the PCGS forum. Did you say that Sour Cream Pringles worked better than BBQ? :)

<<Interesting. I saw your thread on the PCGS forum. Did you say that Sour Cream Pringles worked better than BBQ?>>

I went SC because it's my favorite flavor. Just make sure to get all the chip dust out of the can, then paint the inside flat black.

I posted this ATS, I'm morgansforever over there. It's not anything special. The camera is a FUJI Finepix S3280, 14MP, 24x zoom digital point n shoot purchased from a pawn shop for $100, with adjustable everything, i.e WB, SS, ISO, F-stop. I started out using a Pringles can and mounted my 72MM Redrock 8X macro lens to one end, the male side fit perfectly into the can then used electrical tape to secure it. I cut open the metal side with a can opener. The side with the plastic cover was taken off. Using my lens cap I scribed a circle with an X-acto knife. I cut it just a tad smaller than my fixed lens and slipped it over, using electrical tape to secure the lid to the can. Then started experimenting. I now have a mount that slips over the fixed lens with 72MM female threads and is secured with set screws. It's a poor mans setup that will generate so so macro images. If you notice the edges are blurry.

NICE!! I love the allure of a creative solution made from hand, rather than one that merely requires money.

I did notice the fuzziness toward the edge of the photos but figured that could simply be cropped.

"... then paint the inside flat black"

Do they make licorice or dark chocolate Pringles?

I had white chocolate 'n' peppermint Pringles back before Christmas. They were quite nasty.

John, I think you should have a new avatar.

Picture a man dressed in red & blue with a red cape. Emblazoned on the chest is a five-sided figure with a big, red M in the middle of it.

[font:Comic Sans MS]Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's Messydesk, the VAM Man![/font]

I realize that Shane already uses a similar avatar, but the "S-Man" doesn't know VAM's like you do.

Chris