• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1884 CC DMPL Morgan Dollar

4 posts in this topic

I would like to have the above named coin graded.

I would like to know if anyone is aware of a local grader that would be willing to do this

on a "walk in basis", and if I could wait while it is being graded.

Also, what would be the cost of the service??

I just purchased this coin, and I am leary about sending it via the USPS.

I reside in Abington PA 19001.

Thanks for any help you can give confused.gif

well you need to get it to pcgs/ngc to a show like the ana but all the dealers have left and are already there

i guess if you are close to pittsburgh you cou8ld drive there and walkm in and pay to ngc/pcgs 100 dollars and wait overnight for the coin and pick it up graded the next day or you can pay 200 for a few hour wait pcgs and get it back the same day if you get it to them early in the morning and then drive home the same day

for me i would just send it registered mail fully insured the chance of it getting lost or stolen is like close to zero anything is possible but registered mail fully insured is the safest way to send it will cost you like 30/50 dollsrs for two week service and registered mail is a week to get there and a week to get it back by registered mail like 4 weeks total or there abouts

walk thruogh service is like 100/200 dollars foryour coin and best accomplished at a show where you are there and wait a few hours for it

michael

I don't know what grade you believe you have, but as Michael has already pointed out, if you want the safest way to get the coin there then you should send it Registered. It will cost about $8 to send and will take about a week to get there. Registered is great because everyone who handles your package has to sign for it so that there is a chain of possession for the piece and if it turns up missing the PO will know exactly who handled it last. I have never had problems with Registered packages and have sent individual coins worth many thousands of dollars this way.