• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1922 Peace Low Relief Proof?Need Help Please

35 posts in this topic

Send it to one of the reputable dealers here on this site, of which there are plenty. I would trust TomB, Mark Feld, HardTimes, James_EarlyUS, Kryptonitecomics.... and I'm sure there are others who could give you an honest opinion of the coin for free.

Send it to one of the reputable dealers here on this site, of which there are plenty. I would trust TomB, Mark Feld, HardTimes, James_EarlyUS, Kryptonitecomics.... and I'm sure there are others who could give you an honest opinion of the coin for free.

I agree and would add Bill Jones to that list. If RWB (who actually literally wrote the book on Peace Dollars - he is a numismatic scholar and not a dealer per se) is interested, I would contact him as well.

So far I agree with the others. I don't think this is a proof.

I thought I saw some subtle differences in the lettering but since I did the work to put them side by side I thought I would share.

Presentation1_zps3249e03b.jpg

It does have a subtle difference in the lettering. The hole in the R seems to be more d shaped than o shaped. And the lettering is more slender. Very nice, I have pretty well made up my mind that this is not a proof coin. But as I stated earlier I have others that make excellent candidates. Which I will post soon. When I have a chance to get to a computer I will post the differences I have found as well.