• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow What a pleasent surprise

19 posts in this topic

Congratulations.....

I recieved two awards myself, for my Sacagawea NGC PR70 set. My first awards ( started collecting in November 2011)

Congratulation to all of the award winners.

Excuse me?

I'm more than a bit annoyed... and it's not about nothing. YOU may roll over and take it, but I'm going to call BS when I see it.

I like Mike. He and I have had some great conversations, and I'll be the first in line to give him props, but come on... this is just not right. NGC is screwing the collectors. Letting this stand makes the whole competition a farce.

And, let me say this... it's a sweet set, but BEST PRESENTED? No friggin' way.

Sorry, I was wrong. It is one of the best presented sets. But I still think it deserves it. Mike put a lot of work into this set and his descriptions show it. The photos are good too.

Mike,

Good to see your set won. As I am building the Statehoods from scratch sending in and getting each coin graded I can see you put allot of time into building that set. I am glad that all that work and grading paid off!!

GREAT SET DUDE!!!!

Congratulations Mike -

What this award shows me is that NGC is really looking at alot of sets to make decisions. Your set is 100% complete, 100% imaged, has 100% of the descriptions filled out (thoroughly I might add) and you have a great story, which has also been chronicled in your journals. So what that it's #62 - I personally think that your enthusiasm for the Franklin proofs and your overall zeal to self make this set makes up for any perceived shortcomings. Great job and keep up the great work!

I take this as an inspiration to all of us that lack the funding to have a million point #1 set that cost $100,000 to build. That will never happen for me, but now I'm inspired to try harder with my sets and my available resources.

Todd

Well said Todd!! It does show that if you put time and effort into it and don't just buy a top point set that anyone can win an award. I am inspired to try harder next year. But my main focus will still be to have FUN with my coins and collecting.

moondoggy, congrats! Neat to see someone not even in the top 10 could win an award! I just looked at your registry, what makes it cool is that the coins are from coins you submitted vs buying . Very cool