• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

medals and tokens

10 posts in this topic

I dont have any slabbed Pidcocks, but of all thousands of Conder tokens out there that one registry set makes the most sense as it is a highly collectable series. Other Conder registry sets might be formed by using the regognized catagories like National Series, etc., but assigning points to each would be quite a daunting task.

As for medals, I think at a minimum the Swiss shooting medals should be included as a registry catagory.

"I would like to see census data established for all medals."

I agree! This is the first step in establishing Registry categories for any class of tokens or medals.

I actually enjoy my non-competitive Custom sets. No one breathing down my neck. No stress.

But if NGC wants to create new competitive categories, count me in. Especially if they give bonus points for good photos.

Competitive sets for tokens and medals are long overdue. There is always a place for the Custom sets but the time has come for something more than the 2 sets that are available is US and 0 sets that are available in World. Surely NGC can do better than that!

Not much has changed since my first post re competitive sets for medals and tokens. If we are paying the same fees and dues shouldn't after all this time there be at least some competitive sets?

Medals and tokens represent a vast area of numismatics with much history. Seems to me if we can have competitive sets for modern coins than shouldn't we have sets for items with much more historical significance?

I am posting my collection of Good for 50 Cent Tokens to the Registry under custom sets. It will take some time to post my entire collection so please check back. NGC is not grading these anymore but I would like them to start grading them again. please take a look at this set and help me by asking NGC to grade these medals again. If ANACS grades them I don't see why NGC cannot. They make a great collection.

I would say ARRC bingles should have a registry set . They should also be included in the census. They are listed in the redbook. I was told they are not in the census "so that the NGC Census does not make the tokens or medals look rarer than they actually are. " Well you can come across issues that show a population of 1. Why were these chosen to be included in the census? Also a recent Heritage auction just sold a couple at $1,000 each. Information, pop. numbers, should be shared with us.