• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1896-O Morgan debating on sending in,vote send or not

108 posts in this topic

Really my photos suck? You have an excuse for everything,go back and try to impress the rest of the clueless on the forum,bye! As far as the photos suck excuse,you all had no problems with the last ones.I am done wasting my breath.Let me get back to my productive sites.

I am addicted to putting every dime I get into coins and I do it to keep my mind off my pain if you really want to know.

I would suggest that if you are spending all of your money in coins that you stick to buying PCGS/NGC certified coins and do your homework first. You are likely going to lose a lot of money on several of your coins. NGC/PCGS certification will add liquidity to many coins (just not low grade, problem stuff). Good luck.

You dont even NEED photos all you have to do is go to coin world(the site you think is junk) and look where the cutoff point is for the major step up for these coins.I will submit all 4 and next month we will look at the grades.The cutoff point on the 2 gold coins is ms 60 SEE IF I AM NOT spot on!

Here ya go Mr. Numismatic genius.

1887 $ 1 - Au 58 or MS 62 – I don’t see any signs of pristine luster.

1877 $2.5 – Au details – I guess you forgot about that large gash in the left obverse field.

The “not one cent” coin – how is anyone supposed to grade from your blurry photos ? Plus I have no idea what this would grade because I know nothing about this type of coin . If I had to guess I would say XF 40.

And yes your photos really suck - 1896 photo was good enough where I could grade it .

I am addicted to putting every dime I get into coins and I do it to keep my mind off my pain if you really want to know.

I would suggest that if you are spending all of your money in coins that you stick to buying PCGS/NGC certified coins and do your homework first. You are likely going to lose a lot of money on several of your coins. NGC/PCGS certification will add liquidity to many coins (just not low grade, problem stuff). Good luck.

You just dont get the point do you? WHY would I waste my money on coins and buy them already graded when I am buying the grade and not the coin? Thats all you are doing since they are not grading coins apples to apples.

Thanks for the good luck though,I mean last month when I bought a 1921-D walking half that is xf for 250 dollars RAW I did okay and since I do that every month I do okay.How about you are you making money on your already slabbed coins with bribed grades on them?

There have been many clueless people who have come and gone from this forum , Mr. Addicted you take the cake and win the prize . Ignorance is bliss – you must be one really happy guy .

Hey,I appreciate the one nice thing you have all said and that is good luck,you also.I buy coins for my kids,not me because being in the condition my body is in as a 100 percent disabled vet from the 1st gulf war,my time is limited.I buy coins so my kids have a brighter future than I had.I just like when I buy coins for it to be fair for everyone .I HATE GETTING RIPPED OFF especially when it is clearly visable tha'ts what they are doing to the blind.

Yes Mary,More common dates.

I only grade Morgans. I don't know enough about other coins to really guess a grade other than both gold pieces will come back details, cleaned in my opinion.

Hey,I appreciate the one nice thing you have all said and that is good luck,you also.I buy coins for my kids,not me because being in the condition my body is in as a 100 percent disabled vet from the 1st gulf war,my time is limited.I buy coins so my kids have a brighter future than I had.I just like when I buy coins for it to be fair for everyone .I HATE GETTING RIPPED OFF especially when it is clearly visable tha'ts what they are doing to the blind.

Why do you continue to submit coins when you are convinced you are getting ripped off? It would be in your best interest to listen to what you are being told by others. Just buy certified, you will have coins which will be more valuable and easier for your kids to sell than some of the junk you are posting.

If you have a problem with prescription painkillers there is help available. Spending money on coins as a method of relieving pain will offer temporary help only. The slight endorphin rush wears off quickly leaving you looking for another "quick fix".

I have suggestions if you would like them via PM.

I have a fairly substantial collection which you can confirm if you click on my NGC registry type set lines in my signature line. I was also a full time dealer for well over ten years and have been a collector for over 50 years. As a type collector I have one example of every U.S. type coin from 1792 to the 1980s. I don't collect the platinum and First Spouse coins.

Although a collector could have made out well years ago by getting raw coins encapsulated, it is a lot harder to do that now because many of the best coins have already been certified. Nowadays a lot of the raw coins are raw for a reason, which usually means a problem to two that keeps them from getting a "clean grade." My advice to virtually all collectors, even if you are a very advanced collector as I am, is to buy the coin in the holder that you desire and the leave the grading headaches to the dealers.

When I was dealer I had a pretty good batting average when it came to submitting coins. I was able to call it pretty well, but I also got some surprises. The advantage dealers have is that they submit a volume of coins, and for those who know how to grade, the winners far outweigh the losers. Yet everybody, no matter how experienced they are, will have some losers. For a collector who is not handling a large volume of coins a badly placed losers can cost you a lot of money. That's why I say, buy the coin in the holder you want. You will be a lot happier in the long run.