• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1896-O Morgan debating on sending in,vote send or not

108 posts in this topic

I am submitting both coins AND ill show you just how far off you are on your guess(and thats exactly what I think you made was a guess) also,If you had reading skills,you would have read the 79-s is the reverse of a 78 which make it quite valuable and again,you are way off on your g.u.e.s.s.

If you have better varieties that increase the value of your coins, give them a shot. It's your money. I've had a few sub-$100 coins TPG simply because I wanted to.

The '79-S reverse of '78 is worth grading if it's in MS condition. Yours doesn't look MS to me but it could be the pics.

As far as my 1896-O goes once it is graded ill show you the grade(which I think will suprise you) and ill tell you what I have in it.Im not doing coins to make money but im not doing it to lose money either and I wont lose money on that coin.As far as the 79-S goes,im affraid 35 dollars wont buy it because it is a ms 62-63 reverse of 78.

What do you think the grade of the 96O is?

I think its a AU 58 and could very well pass as a 60-62 if I get blessed.

He has now illustrated for all to see, that he does not know how to grade. Calling that coin AU58 ("or could very well pass as a 60-62") is not one of those "maybe it is, maybe it isn't" grades. It is flat out incorrect. And changing the subject to that of an 1879-S or other date coin, does nothing to change that.

!st of all.....I think it is you who obviously doesnt even submit coins because if you did you would know the grades always come back low..so for my response to be what it was was right on,second if you read the whole messages you would see my topic didnt change...what is your problem.I would ask in a different way but im trying to be polite.

Are you ignorant, stupid or both ? Mark is a former NGC grader and a highly respected dealer. Without a doubt you are the most clueless person I have had the displeasure to see on this forum. Please just go away.

As far as my 1896-O goes once it is graded ill show you the grade(which I think will suprise you) and ill tell you what I have in it.Im not doing coins to make money but im not doing it to lose money either and I wont lose money on that coin.As far as the 79-S goes,im affraid 35 dollars wont buy it because it is a ms 62-63 reverse of 78.

What do you think the grade of the 96O is?

I think its a AU 58 and could very well pass as a 60-62 if I get blessed.

He has now illustrated for all to see, that he does not know how to grade. Calling that coin AU58 ("or could very well pass as a 60-62") is not one of those "maybe it is, maybe it isn't" grades. It is flat out incorrect. And changing the subject to that of an 1879-S or other date coin, does nothing to change that.

!st of all.....I think it is you who obviously doesnt even submit coins because if you did you would know the grades always come back low..so for my response to be what it was was right on,second if you read the whole messages you would see my topic didnt change...what is your problem.I would ask in a different way but im trying to be polite.

Are you ignorant, stupid or both ? Mark is a former NGC grader and a highly respected dealer. Without a doubt you are the most clueless person I have had the displeasure to see on this forum. Please just go away.

You are the one on my topic,you are asking me to go away?Do you think because someone was a grader,that makes him god? I know enough about what graders have done for these major companys.Do you know what mark is? He is a coin collector just like you and me nowhere above,nowhere below.

If you have better varieties that increase the value of your coins, give them a shot. It's your money. I've had a few sub-$100 coins TPG simply because I wanted to.

The '79-S reverse of '78 is worth grading if it's in MS condition. Yours doesn't look MS to me but it could be the pics.

Thank you and you are correct on both,could be the pics and its my money.I havent had bad luck with any of my prior submissions.I dont see why I would now.

The 1896-O dollar is one of those not so unusual Morgan dollars that is fairly common in the circulated grades, but scarce and expensive in true Mint State. This coin is not really close to Mint State for those who are experienced in grading coins. Even from the pictures, which were small and sometimes out of focus, it's obvious that the "Mint State" marking that is on the 2X2 is "wish" at best and a deception at worst.

The coin grades in the lower levels of the AU range (AU-50 or 53) and is therefore worth $90 to $100 wholesale. As such it is not worth the certification fees, and certification will do nothing to make the piece more marketable.

The 1896-O dollar is one of those not so unusual Morgan dollars that is fairly common in the circulated grades, but scarce and expensive in true Mint State. This coin is not really close to Mint State for those who are experienced in grading coins. Even from the pictures, which were small and sometimes out of focus, it's obvious that the "Mint State" marking that is on the 2X2 is "wish" at best and a deception at worst.

The coin grades in the lower levels of the AU range (AU-50 or 53) and is therefore worth $90 to $100 wholesale. As such it is not worth the certification fees, and certification will do nothing to make the piece more marketable.

Haha,thats funny about the wishing on the flip.You know at least im not one of these guys who submits 40,000 American eagles a month.I have a camera phone to take pictures with.If you want to buy me some expensive equiptment to show my pics off i'd be happy to take it.I sure wont but it just to show pics off here. You guys have some beautiful guesses but in the end you will see when the grade comes back.IF it comes back AU I wont be hurt.

We are offering you advice here for free. If you want to bite the hand that feeds you, go ahead, but don't be surprised if we ignore you in the future.

Don’t waste your time with this guy , he is one of those who knows very little and thinks he knows everything.

Okay thanks everyone for your comments,after I get these 3 teeth pulled(along with my military injuries im down for the count for a few days) my coins should be back from ANACS which should be by the weekend,we can all grab a cup of coffee,pull up a chair and critisize my coins. cheers!

Pro tip: ANACS coins don't hold their value against their NGC and PCGS counterparts (9/10 that is)

Thank you

Anacs IS the oldest grading company.

Anacs GRADES VARIETYS The last group of coins I sent out had 8 varietys out of the 86 I sent.Do you know what the one grading company did that is supposed to be one of the top? They said well only grade top one hundred varietys and MIXED the varietys back in with all my other coins. Its hard enough to find varietys the 1st time,I dont want to have to search them out again,so some lucky guy I sold ALL 86 coins to has 8 hidden varietys,one was the extra ray on the 35-s that one O do remember.

Anacs on the other hand grades them and I dont have to worry about it.Trust me,Anacs will slowly creep back up especially the way the other 2 treat the smaller coin guy.

Thank you for your comment thoough!

Why do you bother to tap into our opinions and expertise since you obviously know more than any of the rest of us? (shrug)
i wonder if imposter errr poster, sorry, does not have many friends so they have to make a nuisence out of them selfs here. jmo

Pro tip: ANACS coins don't hold their value against their NGC and PCGS counterparts (9/10 that is)

Thank you

Anacs IS the oldest grading company.

Anacs GRADES VARIETYS The last group of coins I sent out had 8 varietys out of the 86 I sent.Do you know what the one grading company did that is supposed to be one of the top? They said well only grade top one hundred varietys and MIXED the varietys back in with all my other coins. Its hard enough to find varietys the 1st time,I dont want to have to search them out again,so some lucky guy I sold ALL 86 coins to has 8 hidden varietys,one was the extra ray on the 35-s that one O do remember.

Anacs on the other hand grades them and I dont have to worry about it.Trust me,Anacs will slowly creep back up especially the way the other 2 treat the smaller coin guy.

Thank you for your comment thoough!

Wow, not only can you grade coins, you can also predict the future. :screwy:

Trust me,Anacs will slowly creep back up especially the way the other 2 treat the smaller coin guy.

If ANACS finds a way to do that, it will be the greatest coup in the history of numismatics. Several companies, including the investors who started ICG and Hallmark (PCI), spent millions of dollars in advertising in an effort to join "the big two," and they all failed. If you know how to break into that select group of grading companies, you will not have get advice from any of us. You will have enough money to hire your own experts.

I don't know why anyone is wasting their time with this clod. It's obvious no matter what any of us, who know more about grading and the Morgan series than this troll ever could, say it will be meet with cynicism, arrogance, and a self sustaining level of superior knowledge over those who actually know.

The thought of this little worm thinking he could even possess 1/10th of the knowledge than a former grader from one of the top two TPGs, is laughable at best.

I don't know why anyone is wasting their time with this clod. It's obvious no matter what any of us, who know more about grading and the Morgan series than this troll ever could, say it will be meet with cynicism, arrogance, and a self sustaining level of superior knowledge over those who actually know.

The thought of this little worm thinking he could even possess 1/10th of the knowledge than a former grader from one of the top two TPGs, is laughable at best.

I prefer not to get into name calling.

There are plenty of collectors who know as much as or more than I do about certain coins, as well as how they might or should grade and what their approximate values are.

In this case, however, our opinions were solicited and provided. And I don't know of a single poster who graded the coin as generously as its owner did. Additionally, a number of us were subjected to arguments and rudeness. That's not the way to encourage opinions, help and learning.

I was hoping this guy would just go away .

+1 (any many more, I'm sure)

Maybe the level of toxins, in his body, have been reduced by the removal of the 3 abscessed teeth and he is thinking more clearly now? (shrug)