• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANACS graded it 62, do you agree?

14 posts in this topic

The reverse is a 4, but I think the pictures may be covering the severity of the marking on the cheek and left obverse field. I think it'd cross or grade today at 62+. If those obverse marks aren't too harsh I wouldn't be surprised by a grade of 63.

Based on the weak luster and the large number of scrapes on the obverse, a 62 is a fair grade for this coin. Some might argue that the reverse brings it up to a 63 overall, but the luster is really holding this one back.

Thanks for all the input fellow forumites. What sold me was the price, very reasonable, the clashing on the reverse, a GSA and the old mini Anacs holder. The holder looks like it was produced yesterday it's that clean. The coin is no beauty pageant winner for sure. The reverse is remarkably clean though, if it weren't for that cheek it would be a solid 4. Crazy how the reverse always seems to escape the bag mark phenomena and the cheek is a magnet for hits.

Thanks again,

Scott