NGC Registry - Updates & Announcements (10/04/2019)
1 1

85 posts in this topic

1,326 posts

najat, thank you for the request.

We are working on the following Thailand sets in the next few months:

Thailand: Rama VI Type Set, Circulation Issue

Thailand: Rama VII Type Set, Circulation Issue

Thailand: Rama VIII Type Set, Circulation Issue

Thailand: Rama IX Type Set, Circulation Issue

Thailand: Rama IX, Baht Type Set, 1957-Date, Circulation Issue

Thailand: Rama IX, 5 Baht Type Set, 1972-Date, Circulation Issue

Thailand: Rama IX, 10 Baht Type Set, 1977-Date, Circulation Issue

Thailand: Rama IX, 10 Baht, 1982-Date, Proof

96 posts

I tried to add my NGC graded FDR Bronze medals.

2682597-003 , 2682597-004 , 2682597-005 , 2682597-006

They sort of show up in my inventory, but they can NOT be added to My 2 Coin & Chronicles Medals sets.

Silver medals added easily.

Thanks & Please Help.

1,326 posts

Hello, and thanks for the inquiry.

We responded to your email, as well. For the fastest response, please follow the directions, below.

You may manually enter in your coin, although it may not appear as 1 AVAILABLE COIN.

When you are in EDIT SET mode, go ahead and click on NGC, NCS, or PCGS as the grader. Then manually type in the cert. number in the box provided in the Cert # column.

Scroll down and SAVE your changes.

When you receive an automated message that says,

"There are coins not valid for the designated slot(s). Are you sure you want to continue?"

Please click on OK.

This generates an automated process where we receive the same message and all of the details involved. Then with a few clicks, we can easily and quickly add your coin to that set for you. After we add the coin(s), you will receive a message saying the coin was added to your set(s).

If you need further assistance, please let us know. Thank you for your interest in NGC.

333 posts

Hello Ali,

Could you please add a slot for the regular 2012 issue in the '2 Sovereigns (Elizabeth II), 1980-Date, Proof Issue' set? There is a slot for the special Diamond Jubilee 2£, but not the regular. I'd responded to an email but I'm not sure it was going through.

Thanks!

Stork

1,326 posts

Hello, Stork.

Yes, we received your email and added the slot. Thanks for the request.

1,690 posts

Hey Ali, could you please add the 2016 slot for the Canada 10c Proof.

The set is 1981-present and is fully updated and correct thru 2015 and just needs the slot for this year's addition.

Thanks, Jackson

1,326 posts

Hi, Jackson.

We will get this slot added. Thanks for the request, and have a good day.

1,690 posts

thank you--that was quick

21 posts

I believe that you are missing a couple of slots in the Roosevelt Dimes 1950-Date, Proof Issue (Incl. Varieties) Registry.

Missing would be the popular 1954 DDO (FS-10-1954-101) URS-6, moderate interest and the 1956 DDO (FS-10-1956-101) URS-7, moderate interest. Granted they are both Class VI double dies, but with moderate interest and attainable rarity, It is my opinion these two dimes should definitely be included in any complete Roosevelt Proof Variety Set. Both are well known varieties with pictures and descriptions in well know publications..There is also a not so popular 1950 DDR (FS-10-1950-801) with an L-2 interest rating

Next, you need to either distinguish between the FS-10-1960-102a (early die state) and the FS-10-1960-102b (late die state) or accept them both for the 1960 DDO 102 slot. Make note that earlier graded specimens were not labeled as early or late die states by PCGS and therefore could be misrepresented.

Also in my opinion, the 1970s DDR VP-001 slot should be omitted due to extremely low population and very little published information.

Lastly, It is my opinion that no one should receive a ranking in a (with varieties) category unless or until they have registered a certain percentage of the listed varieties for the series. More varieties, lower percent. Less varieties, higher percent.

This may keep someone with a high ranking regular set from buying one coin and overnight becoming ranked number one or two in the (with varieties) Registry of a series even though they have no interest in variety collecting at all.

Case in point. Roosevelt Dimes 1950-Date, Proof Issue (Incl. Varieties) Registry. You are either a variety collector or you are not. Doing what I described above is completely unfair and reprehensible to someone who is truly trying to put together a world class set of any series with varieties included.

Just my opinion.

1,326 posts

Hello, KD, and thank you for the inquiry.

The early die state and late die state varieties of the 1960 PF FS-102 are eligible in the various Roosevelt sets where appropriate. If you need assistance with that coin or with finding an appropriate spot/slot for any of the Rosie varieties, then we are happy to assist. We do see you have a 1960 PF FS-102 coin showing as 1 AVAILABLE COIN right now in your set: Roosevelt Dimes 1950-Date, Proof Issue (Incl. Varieties).

Also, we have removed the 1970-S DDR VP-001 slot in the PROOF variety sets.

Please send an email to registry@ngccoin.com with any cert. numbers with which you need assistance. Also, any competitive set (that is not obscured) is considered to be eligible for an annual award when it is at least 50% full, regardless of the category or set type. If you have any other questions, please let us know. Thank you.

333 posts

Hi Ali,

Could you please have the slots added for the 2016 silver Britannias (2 pounds has proof and reverse proof versions, plus the whole denomination set).

Also, for the Japan 1000 silver proof yen--the rest of the 2015 earthquake recovery series (young boy and cherry blossom) plus the remaining prefecture series (2015 Chiba and Nagasaki and 2016 Fukushima and Tokyo).

Proof bullion and colorized commems...oh well, we all have our weaknesses :D

1,326 posts

Hello, Stork.

We will get these world slots added. Thanks for the requests, and have a good day.

2 posts

Was just checking out the new beta version of the registry and noticed I had dropped 67 spots.   Then I noticed that points for PCGS slabs are showing up again.  Are we changing back to PCGS slabs counting again or is this a glitch?   Just noticed in the classic view PCGS slabs were not showing up for points.  

The new format looks great btw.  Very nice viewing full screen.

Edited by Vess1

1,326 posts
15 hours ago, Vess1 said:

Was just checking out the new beta version of the registry and noticed I had dropped 67 spots.   Then I noticed that points for PCGS slabs are showing up again.  Are we changing back to PCGS slabs counting again or is this a glitch?   Just noticed in the classic view PCGS slabs were not showing up for points.  

The new format looks great btw.  Very nice viewing full screen.

Thank you for the feedback, Vess1.

For those collectors who have had their existing PCGS coins "grandfathered in" their NGC Registry sets, the registry points remain the same in the new NGC Registry. There were no programming changes in the scoring system in the new release.

For any changes in the scores of your own coins/sets, you may click on the HISTORY tab of any set of yours to see where points may have increased or decreased. Also, in the "old" NGC Registry, you have the option to view your US set score and rank two different ways, one is with PCGS coins included and the other is without PCGS coins included. In the new Registry, there is only one complete way to view your score and rank.

Please let us know when we may assist in the future with the NGC Registry. We look forward to hearing any other feedback you may have on the new release of the NGC Registry. You may reach us best at registry@ngccoin.com. Thank you.

378 posts

in the old registry one could see the top registry people. I do not see this in the new registry. Is it gone or just hidden some place

1,326 posts
15 minutes ago, asdfgh said:

in the old registry one could see the top registry people. I do not see this in the new registry. Is it gone or just hidden some place

Thank you for the inquiry, asdfgh.

As of this point in time, the overall ranking in the NGC Registry is still only available on the collectors-society.com web site. We are working to make this information available in the new NGC Registry in the near future. Thank you.

419 posts

Please remove the slot in the Charles III, 8 Reales, Pillar Type (1760-1771), Circulation Issue, registry set for 1760/59MO MM "CAROLUS III/FERDIN VI", Coin ID 148675.  Although it is listed in the KP Standard Coins of the World under KM# 105, I do not believe it actually exists.  It is not listed in the primary references for this type (Calbeto, Elizondo, Gilboy). The Isaac Rudman collection did not have one, there are no examples in either the NGC census or PCGS census and I haven't found any auction results. Mike Dunigan did not know of an example when I spoke with him at the USMex convention last year.  I understand that NGC will review certain varieties and remove them from registry set listings if they are too difficult to acquire and I believe this one is impossible to acquire.

1,326 posts
12 hours ago, jgenn said:

Please remove the slot in the Charles III, 8 Reales, Pillar Type (1760-1771), Circulation Issue, registry set for 1760/59MO MM "CAROLUS III/FERDIN VI", Coin ID 148675.  Although it is listed in the KP Standard Coins of the World under KM# 105, I do not believe it actually exists.  It is not listed in the primary references for this type (Calbeto, Elizondo, Gilboy). The Isaac Rudman collection did not have one, there are no examples in either the NGC census or PCGS census and I haven't found any auction results. Mike Dunigan did not know of an example when I spoke with him at the USMex convention last year.  I understand that NGC will review certain varieties and remove them from registry set listings if they are too difficult to acquire and I believe this one is impossible to acquire.

Thank you for the inquiry, jgenn.

We will look into this and send you an email when a decision has been reached. Please let us know when we may assist with the NGC Registry in the future. You may reach us best at registry@ngccoin.com.

419 posts

Thank you Ali and the rest of the registry team for removing this slot per your PM!

14,817 posts

Any idea when the new registry format will be coming to the custom sets? I'm working on a couple of customs, and was wondering what the plans were for them. 

1,326 posts
15 hours ago, physics-fan3.14 said:

Any idea when the new registry format will be coming to the custom sets? I'm working on a couple of customs, and was wondering what the plans were for them. 

Thank you for the inquiry about the new NGC Registry, physics-fan3.14.

If you would like to access your NGC Custom Sets, at this point, you still need to utilize the collectors-society.com website. You may also continue to create new Custom Sets on the Collector Society website.

We do plan on adding Custom Sets to the new NGC Registry in the near future. We do not yet have a specific date for this.

39 posts

Question: does the "$20K in prizes" apply to only NGC coins? Or do some people win awards with PCGS coins?

1,326 posts
22 hours ago, BlakeEik said:

Question: does the "$20K in prizes" apply to only NGC coins? Or do some people win awards with PCGS coins?

Hello, BlakeEik. 

Thank you for the inquiry. Awards are given for “all coins,” and we also have NGC-only awards. You may find 2019 award information here:

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/7349/

39 posts
On 7/7/2019 at 2:40 PM, Ali E. said:

Hello, BlakeEik. 

Thank you for the inquiry. Awards are given for “all coins,” and we also have NGC-only awards. You may find 2019 award information here:

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/7349/

Thank you for the link. What category would a 20th-century typeset be in? Classic or modern?

1,326 posts
22 hours ago, BlakeEik said:

Thank you for the link. What category would a 20th-century typeset be in? Classic or modern?

Hello, BlakeEik.

Technically, it can fall under either category as it covers a 100-year span. Thanks for the inquiry.