• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest *new* sets! March 2024
36 36

3,282 posts in this topic

(The surest signs of a healthy and robust revival of interest in this hobby are the continual queries received at this post requesting the creation of whole and sub-categories of specific coin issues. It is a marvel how NGC can accommodate all the existing registrants in its humongous Set Registry. JOB VERY WELL DONE!)   🐓

Edited by Quintus Arrius
Closing bracket.

Hello Ali,

Please create new Registry Set category for my new coin - 

EAST CARIBBEAN TERRITORIES & EAST CARIBBEAN STATES
SILVER $2
ANGUILLA 
NGC MS-70
2861345-014
Thanks in advance, Sergey

• Administrator
On 8/20/2021 at 4:04 AM, FOX901 said:

Hello Ali,

Please create new Registry Set category for my new coin - 

EAST CARIBBEAN TERRITORIES & EAST CARIBBEAN STATES
SILVER $2
ANGUILLA 
NGC MS-70
2861345-014
Thanks in advance, Sergey

Hello, Sergey.

Thanks for your interest. We already responded to your last request for this. Please check your email box.

• Administrator
On 8/19/2021 at 5:57 PM, Bruno Caniço said:

Hello Ali, 

Please create new Registry set category for my coin 5883517-026 XF 40

D. Pedro PR (1667-1683) Portugal 

Thank you. 

Hello, Bruno.

We will create this new set in the coming weeks:

Category: Portugal
Set Name: 1 1/2 Reis, 1670-1678, Circulation Issue

Thanks very much.

• Administrator
On 8/19/2021 at 4:40 PM, Kalina-Coins said:

Hello Ali,

Please create new slot (1997) for my new coin 6077282-003

Hello, Kalina-Coins. Please post all new slot requests here: 

Thank you.

• Administrator
On 8/22/2021 at 4:18 PM, SilverSummoner said:

I would like to request Kingdom of Naples and Sicily, 2 Tornesi, One per date

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/two_sicilies-1.html

NGC 

4740056-004

Hello and thanks for your interest. You may add your coin here:

Category: Italian States
Set Name: 2 Tornesi, Type Set, 1825-1859, Circulation Issue

• Administrator
On 8/22/2021 at 9:23 AM, Miguel Sosa From Dominican Republic. said:

Hi, Ali please request the creation of a new category for my coin Bolivia 1951 1 Bolivar NGC # 2709110-060

Hello, Miguel.

Thank you for the request. You may add your coin here:

Category: Bolivia
Set Name: Reform Coinage, Type Set, 1870-1951, Circulation Issue

Hello Ali.

I would like to request the creation of 3 new Registry sets for Mexico from within the Republic Decimal period.  Currently you have two similar sets for 20 centavos and another for 1 peso.  The new sets in question would complement these two sets since they only include the Restyled Eagle design which lasted from 1898-1909 in the case of the peso coins.

These current Registry sets with the Restyled Eagle design coinage are as follows:

and

As I mentioned, what makes these sets different from the other sets involve the type of eagle design (restyled eagle) on the coin obverse.  From a NGC and Registry perspective, it is simply the eagle which was used on various  Mexico coinage from 1898 up through 1909 for the peso and 1905 for all of the other denominations.

My request would be to create a separate set for the 1 centavo, 5 centavos and finally the 10 centavos.

Each of the coins which would fill these slots are currently included as a subset in the following Registry sets and will have a date ranging from 1898 - 1905.  No need to change these existing sets as some collectors collect the entire series, while others like me only collect the Restyled Eagle design coinage.  I have provided possible name suggestions for the three new sets, however you can create and name them using whatever guidelines you need to follow.

You can certainly look at my existing Registry sets if you would like to see any of the coins in question which might fill some of the coin slots in the new sets or let me know if you need anything additional which I can provide you which would help with my request.

Thanks again for everything!

Scott

I may have asked before, but any chance at expanding some of the Japanese type sets and add a few more?  The 1, 5, 10, and 50 sen denominations lend themselves well.  The 10 and 50 sen type sets already present don't include ALL types.  

Also, how about a couple Albanian 1968-1970 proof set.  One silver only, the other gold and silver (or just gold)?  

• Administrator
On 8/23/2021 at 2:58 PM, SD_MexCoins said:

Hello Ali.

I would like to request the creation of 3 new Registry sets for Mexico from within the Republic Decimal period.  Currently you have two similar sets for 20 centavos and another for 1 peso.  The new sets in question would complement these two sets since they only include the Restyled Eagle design which lasted from 1898-1909 in the case of the peso coins.

These current Registry sets with the Restyled Eagle design coinage are as follows:

and

As I mentioned, what makes these sets different from the other sets involve the type of eagle design (restyled eagle) on the coin obverse.  From a NGC and Registry perspective, it is simply the eagle which was used on various  Mexico coinage from 1898 up through 1909 for the peso and 1905 for all of the other denominations.

My request would be to create a separate set for the 1 centavo, 5 centavos and finally the 10 centavos.

Each of the coins which would fill these slots are currently included as a subset in the following Registry sets and will have a date ranging from 1898 - 1905.  No need to change these existing sets as some collectors collect the entire series, while others like me only collect the Restyled Eagle design coinage.  I have provided possible name suggestions for the three new sets, however you can create and name them using whatever guidelines you need to follow.

You can certainly look at my existing Registry sets if you would like to see any of the coins in question which might fill some of the coin slots in the new sets or let me know if you need anything additional which I can provide you which would help with my request.

Thanks again for everything!

Scott

Hello, Scott. As always, thanks for your interest. We will add these to our list of new sets to be created in the coming weeks.

Edited by Ali E.

• Administrator
On 8/23/2021 at 6:44 PM, Gerard Jacobs said:

Hi,

Please put this in a new registry set: Cert#: 3956887-002

Cheers,

Gerard Jacobs

Hello, Gerard. We did receive your requests for the 1965 SP coins through the NGC Registry system. We will be creating this new set in the next few weeks:

Category: New Zealand
Set Name: 1965 Annual Set, Specimen

Thanks very much.

• Administrator
On 8/23/2021 at 9:54 PM, Star City Homer said:

I may have asked before, but any chance at expanding some of the Japanese type sets and add a few more?  The 1, 5, 10, and 50 sen denominations lend themselves well.  The 10 and 50 sen type sets already present don't include ALL types.  

Also, how about a couple Albanian 1968-1970 proof set.  One silver only, the other gold and silver (or just gold)?  

Hello. We will add these to our list of new set requests to research and send you an email when a decision has been reached. Thank you.

• Administrator
On 8/24/2021 at 10:33 PM, migmac said:

Request new set for Mexico "10 Centavos, Silver, 1925-1935, Circulation Issue", KM#431

NGC 2862542-014

Hello. We will add these to our list of new set requests to research and send you an email when a decision has been reached. Thank you.

• Administrator
On 8/24/2021 at 7:44 PM, Miguel Sosa From Dominican Republic. said:

Hi Ali, please request a new set category for this coin, it could be a new set type for this Country. Zambia. Thanks.

Hello, Miguel. We will add these to our list of new set requests to research and send you an email when a decision has been reached. Thank you.

• Administrator
On 8/23/2021 at 7:00 PM, Gerard Jacobs said:

Hi

Please assign new registry set fr this coin. Cert.#: 3956887-009

Thanks

Cheers,

Gerard Jacobs

Hello, Gerard.

We will create a new NZE 2C Proof set in the coming weeks. Thank you.

• Administrator
On 8/23/2021 at 7:49 PM, Cole’s Collectables said:

Will there be an American Silver Eagle Proof, Type 2 Set?

Hello. We will not be creating a separate set for the Type 2 coins. If different reverses are issued in the future, we may consider it then. Thank you.

Hello Alison! Considering the low turnaround times due to covid and low activity in old Estonian reform coinage I'd strongly advise to create a new set for copper coins (all colors): BN, RB & RD. 

- Estonia: Reform Coinage, 1928-1939 Copper, Mint State

• Administrator
On 8/25/2021 at 8:02 PM, Allan. said:

Hello Alison! Considering the low turnaround times due to covid and low activity in old Estonian reform coinage I'd strongly advise to create a new set for copper coins (all colors): BN, RB & RD. 

- Estonia: Reform Coinage, 1928-1939 Copper, Mint State

Hello, Allan. Thanks for your interest, as always. As we discussed earlier this year, we would not create competitive NGC Registry sets based upon color designation. You may create multiple sets if you wish to arrange/display your coins by color.

Attn: @Ali E., Administrator...

Twenty years from now after advising collectors their numismatic wares would be more appropriate for Custom Sets and taking other matters under advisement, someone will ask you, off the record, whether a member had ever stumped you with a question you could not answer...

"Come to think of it," you will say, "someone did." No, not an example of stone money from Yap, but something closer to home.  It is a little-known fact, apparently not acknowledged by anyone, that an unknown number of 1906 French 20-franc gold roosters were embossed along their edges with Liberte * Equalite * Fraternite instead of Dieu * Protege * France. [Note: the former was standard on the "original" pieces minted from 1899-1906; the latter was standard on the "restrikes" minted from 1907-1914.]

My question is what proof would I be obligated to present to you, short of the coin itself, to have this "variety" recognized and accepted by NGC?

On 8/26/2021 at 10:11 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Attn: @Ali E., Administrator...

Twenty years from now after advising collectors their numismatic wares would be more appropriate for Custom Sets and taking other matters under advisement, someone will ask you, off the record, whether a member had ever stumped you with a question you could not answer...

"Come to think of it," you will say, "someone did." No, not an example of stone money from Yap, but something closer to home.  It is a little-known fact, apparently not acknowledged by anyone, that an unknown number of 1906 French 20-franc gold roosters were embossed along their edges with Liberte * Equalite * Fraternite instead of Dieu * Protege * France. [Note: the former was standard on the "original" pieces minted from 1899-1906; the latter was standard on the "restrikes" minted from 1907-1914.]

My question is what proof would I be obligated to present to you, short of the coin itself, to have this "variety" recognized and accepted by NGC?

Hello, 

The NGC Registry reflects the information in our grading database.  Please contact Customer Service for assistance with questions regarding grading and varieties.  You may reach them at service@ngccoin.com or 1-800-642-2646.  Thank you.