• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest *new* sets! March 2024
36 36

3,282 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello, njf.

I am sorry, but I don't know to what you are referring when you say "world database." Are you referring to our population report? If so, if you have an NGC certification number you can provide, then we can pass it along to our team who handles the census/population report. You would need to contact PCGS about any data for their certified coins. Thanks very much.

Ali,

Over a year ago I submitted the following request.....

"Message: How about creating a new competitive set titled Liberty Head Half Eagles 1839 - 1908 one per mint The Liberty Half Eagle is the only series coined at seven different mints, Philadelphia, Carson City, Charlotte, Dahlonega, Denver, New Orleans and San Francisco. It would be nice to have a competitive set for these. (PCGS has such a set) Regards, Tom"

On January 17, 2014 I received a response from you indicated my request had been approved and it was being added to the list. To my knowledge that set is still not available. When will it be?

Happy Easter Ali!

May I request that you add the slot "2015 F15 Privy Maple" to the set Canada>Bullion>Silver Privy Maples.

Also, in this set, the 2000 Hannover Expo privy maple was produced in two separate finishes. The Specimen finish (more common) is what most of the coins were produced. However, a very small number of coins (very rare variety) were produced in "Mint State" finish. The registry recognizes that the two varieties exist, but as of now they are under the same slot. Is there any way that we could have separate slots for both the Mint State and Specimen varieties?

I hope this post sees you all well.

All the best,

Josh.

Edited by ComeToCanadaNGC

Hi Ali,

One last little request ;)

Could you add the following coins to the following set: Canada>Commemorative>$5 MS and PF Complete 1998-present

1. 2012 S$5 Man in Motion Tour Proof

2. 2014 S$5 Five Blessings Non-Colorized MS version

3. 2014 S$5 Peregrine Falcon MS

4. 2015 S$5 Red Tailed Hawk MS

5. 2015 S$5 Barclay's Bank PF

Have a great Easter! Josh.

Meade Collection,

Thank you for the information. We will take care of the category correction, and we will present your set requests to our World team and get back to you. Thanks very much, and have a nice weekend.

Ali, I see that the Mexican Escudo (book and Hand) was moved from Republic Decimal Coinage given my comment that the Escudos were part of the Reales/Escudo system and not the Decimal coinage system. However it was moved to the Escudo Spanish Colony and that is wrong. The Reales-Escudo Book-Hand system was a part of the (First) Republic, not the Colony and very likely will require a new section (that eventually you can nourish with the 1/2 escudo, 8 escudos, etc, all of them are hand-book and part of the First Republic). Also in Mexico perhaps you want to create a new section on the Empire of Iturbide that now is wrongfully spread between War of Independence and Spanish Colonial (the Empire of Iturbide was the first Government of the Independent Mexico, neither Colonial nor during the war of Independence) and another section for the Empire of Maximilian that now is wrongfully listed as Republic Decimal Coinage (Empire listed under Republic? A bit ironic I think.

Thank you for your help! Thanks for considering.

Hello Ali, this is my first post here. I could not find a registry for the 2014 limited edition silver proof set. Is there one and I just missed it or are you going to add one?

Thanks,

Lyn

• Administrator

Tommy44,

Your set request is still on the master list. We will notify you when it has been completed. Thanks very much.

• Administrator

Ugakoivet,

Thanks for the question. You may enter in your certification numbers for those coins wherever other similar denomination coins are entered, for example, in Kennedy half dollar registry sets, in ATB quarter registry sets, etc.

• Administrator

Happy Easter to you, too, ComeToCanadaNGC.

We have a goat privy mark S$5 coin available for 2015. Do you have a certification number you can provide for a 2015 F15 privy, so we may look into adding it? Due to the rarity and the difficulty in obtaining the 2000 Hannover Expo MS coin, this coin will remain available in the one Registry slot. We will add the S$5 slots to the complete S$5 set. Thanks very much.

Ali,

Request NGC competitive registry set(s) for the following countries.

British Caribbean Territories (Type Set), British West Africa, Monaco (Type Set), Reunion, Seychelles, Thailand, Tonkin, and Vatican (Type Set).

Thank you.

Quoc

• Administrator

Hello, COTEVINA.

Thanks for the requests. British Caribbean Territories (Type Set), Seychelles, and Vatican (Type Set) are already listed on our approved set-request list. We just released a few new Thailand sets and have several more ready to be released in the next few weeks. A Seychelles Type Set will be released shortly.

Our team will consult on adding these the competitive registry: British West Africa and Monaco (Type Set). Can you please give me some examples of what you are looking for in Tonkin and Reunion? Do you have certification numbers you can provide? Thanks.

Ali,

You may want to add Tonkin (1 year type and the only coin ever minted / issued for this protectorate) as a slot under Vietnam. Here are a few certification numbers: 2778035-001, 2778035-002, 3807866-013, and 2877229-001. The latter one is a piedfort (KM-P1).

French Reunion (or just Reunion). I have certification numbers for 1, 2, 5, and 50 Francs: 3352267-005, 3352267-004, 3499660-025, 2790239-010 and 3497631-019.

Thank you for your consideration.

Quoc Nguyen

• Administrator

Hello, COTEVINA.

Thanks for the requests. British Caribbean Territories (Type Set), Seychelles, and Vatican (Type Set) are already listed on our approved set-request list. We just released a few new Thailand sets and have several more ready to be released in the next few weeks. A Seychelles Type Set will be released shortly.

Our team has determined that Tonkin and Reunion coins are more suitable for Custom NGC Registry Sets. We will add British West Africa and Monaco (Type Set) to the set request list. Thanks.

Could you please add the 2015 slot to the Koala, Silver Half Dollars, 2008-Date, Mint State set?. Coins have been graded.

Thank you

• Administrator

Thanks for the request, CT104.

That slot should be visible now. If you can't access it, please let us know, so we may assist. Thank you.

Hello Ali,

Could you please add a slot for the Greece 10 Lepta 1831?

Also, I was trying to add a coin to a set--there were no points associated, though there was a slot for it. I got the admin note, does this mean a point value will be assigned? I ask because I'm getting ready to send in a set of Gold Britannias to eventually add once graded. Would it be better to wait, or go ahead and ask for the points to be assigned now? (It's a 2014 gold proof set, with a nice low mintage).

Thanks!

• Administrator

Hello, Stork.

Thanks for the question. If you see a slot with no coin number living in it, then the will be no score. Scores are generated after we have graded a coin. In other words, if the slot is "empty," then that slot is just waiting for a coin to be entered in. If you need further assistance, please let us know. Thanks.

Hello Ali,

Could you also add the 2014 Bald Eagle $5 MS coin to the series Canada>Commemorative>S$5 1998-Date, Complete Set?

These Canadian sets seem to be issuing new coins on almost a daily basis and I am having a hard time keeping up :)

All the best,

Josh.

Hello Ali,

Would you please consider adding an Isle of Man set for the proof silver Cat series?

I have just enough of them to either do a full set, or sell the few I have to buy something else. Might as well see if I can add yet another bullion-esque series to my keeper stack. :D :D

Edited to add: I'm referring to the 'proof bullion' cats, not the 'history of cats' series. Namely the ones with a different breed each year, starting with the Manx. I didn't even notice the history of series until yesterday...

Edited by Stork

• Administrator

Hi, Stork, and thanks for the request.

We will begin with these sets:

Isle of Man: Crown, Cat series, 1970-date, Proof

Isle of Man: Half Crown Type Set, Cat Series, 1988-Date

If you have certification numbers you would like to send me, we can work around those, as well. Thank you.