• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest *new* sets! March 2024
36 36

3,282 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Happy Friday, Josh!

Thank you for the request. We will compose a competitive LION DOLLAR set. We will create this set in the near future:

Netherlands: Lion Dollar Restrikes, Silver and Gold, 2017-Date, Complete

1 hour ago, Ali E. said:

Happy Friday, Josh!

Thank you for the request. We will compose a competitive LION DOLLAR set. We will create this set in the near future:

Netherlands: Lion Dollar Restrikes, Silver and Gold, 2017-Date, Complete

Thanks again, Ali! 

• Administrator
21 hours ago, Nonos2007 said:

Hi RE: Can you please consider adding the following sets:

Chile - Republic

1 Real, 1838-1851, Circulating Issue, Including Varieties

Thanks and regards

1 Real 1847 IJ MS66 Anv..png

1 Real 1847 IJ MS66 Rev..png

Thank you for the request, Nonos2007.

We will look into your request and get back to you via email when a decision has been reached.

Please let us know when we may assist with the NGC Registry in the future. You may reach us best at registry@ngccoin.com.

Hi Ali,

I would like to request a competitive set of Spanish 8 Reales struck in the Segovia Mint from 1586 to 1729. 

The Segovia mint was the king's private mint, started to strike coins with the Habsburg family patent rolling dies. The mint started to strike the iconic Spanish shield type 8R since 1586. These were the first milled coins of the Spanish mainland. The series is uniform, continuous, all-dated, historical and very collectible, covering Spanish history from the "Golden Age" of Philip II all the way to the "Bourbon Reform" of Philip V. 

I would suggest sets like:

8 Reales, Segovia Mint, All Dates from 1586 to 1729

8 Reales, Segovia Mint, Philip II

8 Reales, Segovia Mint, Philip III

8 Reales, Segovia Mint, Philip IV

8 Reales, Segovia Mint, Charles II

8 Reales, Segovia Mint, Philip V

8 Reales, Segovia Mint, Type Set of the Previous Five Kings

etc.

The current Spanish Real Coinage competitive sets are fun. I'm #1 for 8 Reales for Philip V, but I have noticed that very few people registered their coins. Part of the reason is that the overall size of the Spanish 8R series is simply too large, with some rarities not available ever in history... I've seen very few collectors collect coins from all mints with all dates of one king. Instead, they collect by types or go with one mint (like me). I hope you can consider my request.

If it is too much to add all these sets, I would suggest at least add the All Dates set.

Thank you and best,

CYF

As the expression goes "This is outside of my wheel house" but from what I read it appears to be quite a task. My question with any proposed set is how many Segovia Mint 8 Reales coins have been graded by NGC in each year group? This would provide an idea of what the population for your proposed Registry set might be. 

• Administrator
13 hours ago, CYF said:

Hi Ali,

I would like to request a competitive set of Spanish 8 Reales struck in the Segovia Mint from 1586 to 1729. 

The Segovia mint was the king's private mint, started to strike coins with the Habsburg family patent rolling dies. The mint started to strike the iconic Spanish shield type 8R since 1586. These were the first milled coins of the Spanish mainland. The series is uniform, continuous, all-dated, historical and very collectible, covering Spanish history from the "Golden Age" of Philip II all the way to the "Bourbon Reform" of Philip V. 

I would suggest sets like:

8 Reales, Segovia Mint, All Dates from 1586 to 1729

8 Reales, Segovia Mint, Philip II

8 Reales, Segovia Mint, Philip III

8 Reales, Segovia Mint, Philip IV

8 Reales, Segovia Mint, Charles II

8 Reales, Segovia Mint, Philip V

8 Reales, Segovia Mint, Type Set of the Previous Five Kings

etc.

The current Spanish Real Coinage competitive sets are fun. I'm #1 for 8 Reales for Philip V, but I have noticed that very few people registered their coins. Part of the reason is that the overall size of the Spanish 8R series is simply too large, with some rarities not available ever in history... I've seen very few collectors collect coins from all mints with all dates of one king. Instead, they collect by types or go with one mint (like me). I hope you can consider my request.

If it is too much to add all these sets, I would suggest at least add the All Dates set.

Thank you and best,

CYF

Thank you for the request, CYF.

We will research this and get back to you.

12 hours ago, Robaire said:

As the expression goes "This is outside of my wheel house" but from what I read it appears to be quite a task. My question with any proposed set is how many Segovia Mint 8 Reales coins have been graded by NGC in each year group? This would provide an idea of what the population for your proposed Registry set might be. 

That is actually a good point and so true. All Spanish 8R's are rare, however the set is designed, it will never be like Morgan Dollars, the population will always low, and it will always seem like a mission impossible. Even the current existing Registry Sets for Spanish 8R's are difficult and impossible. But this then become a question that if the idea of “Registry Sets” should be applied to World Coins at all, rather than a question only on Spanish coins. 

The way I look at it as a collector in this field is that the Segovia set is at least slightly easier to build than an all-date-all-mint set of any of the kings (current existing Registry Sets). At least you have 1590, 1591/0, 1618, 1620, 1630's, 1728, these more available dates to finish 60% of a type set, then go further from there. This is something that more doable for collectors in 1-2 years.

• Administrator
14 hours ago, CYF said:

That is actually a good point and so true. All Spanish 8R's are rare, however the set is designed, it will never be like Morgan Dollars, the population will always low, and it will always seem like a mission impossible. Even the current existing Registry Sets for Spanish 8R's are difficult and impossible. But this then become a question that if the idea of “Registry Sets” should be applied to World Coins at all, rather than a question only on Spanish coins. 

The way I look at it as a collector in this field is that the Segovia set is at least slightly easier to build than an all-date-all-mint set of any of the kings (current existing Registry Sets). At least you have 1590, 1591/0, 1618, 1620, 1630's, 1728, these more available dates to finish 60% of a type set, then go further from there. This is something that more doable for collectors in 1-2 years.

CYF, can you please send any relevant certification numbers you may have to registry@ngccoin.com? Thank you.

In India British colony set, I found in the set "Victoria I 1838-1901", there are the set of 1/2 pice, 1/12 anna, 1/4 anna, 1/2 anna, 2 annas and one rupee, but miss 1/2 rupee set and 1/4 rupee set.

I think 1/2 rupee and 1/4 rupee is the most important domination in India Victoria set considering their rarity and variety, so, I suggest that whether NGC would have any plan to complete the domination set in "Victoria I 1838-1901".

There are two sets might be added in  "Victoria I 1838-1901" :

1/2 rupee, Victoria, 1840-1901, Circulation Issue

1/4 rupee, Victoria, 1840-1901, Circulation Issue

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, laymantao said:

In India British colony set, I found in the set "Victoria I 1838-1901", there are the set of 1/2 pice, 1/12 anna, 1/4 anna, 1/2 anna, 2 annas and one rupee, but miss 1/2 rupee set and 1/4 rupee set.

I think 1/2 rupee and 1/4 rupee is the most important domination in India Victoria set considering their rarity and variety, so, I suggest that whether NGC would have any plan to complete the domination set in "Victoria I 1838-1901".

There are two sets might be added in  "Victoria I 1838-1901" :

1/2 rupee, Victoria, 1840-1901, Circulation Issue

1/4 rupee, Victoria, 1840-1901, Circulation Issue

Thank you for the request, laymantao.

Our team will research this and get back to you via email when a decision has been reached. 

In "Cambodia>>Cambodia & Kampuchea>>Type Set, Tical Coinage, 1847-1880, Circulation Issue", I found in the slot of "TICAL CS1208(1847) THICK FLAN", the scores got something wrong in the grade of 45 and 45+. I hope NGC can fix it. Details as the picture following. thank you!

1.jpg

Hello Laymantao, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  Any necessary updates have been complete.  Please email registry@ngccoin.com if you need further assistance.

6 hours ago, Maribeth said:

Hello Laymantao, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  Any necessary updates have been complete.  Please email registry@ngccoin.com if you need further assistance.

Out of curiosity, do the emails to registry@ngccoin.com typically get a response if it's just a slot/new set request?  I've always gotten very positive responses here, but don't want to clutter up with what I consider a trivial set request.  But then I'm not sure if my request went through :)  

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Star City Homer said:

Out of curiosity, do the emails to registry@ngccoin.com typically get a response if it's just a slot/new set request?  I've always gotten very positive responses here, but don't want to clutter up with what I consider a trivial set request.  But then I'm not sure if my request went through :)  

Hello, Star City Homer.

We are happy to help. What are you looking for?

I was looking for the Great Britain Queen’s Beasts in platinum. Specifically the 100 pound mint state. Despite my resolution to separate my bullion from my collecting, somehow I’ve ended up adding a couple more ‘prettybullion’ coins. I guess Great Britain is my exception to that rule...

Also there is a discrepancy between the registry and part of the census. One uses Great Britain and the other uses United Kingdom as the category name. 

Edited as I’m on my phone and it appears as though it’s either different app vs website or the categories are being edited. 

Edited by Star City Homer

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Star City Homer said:

I was looking for the Great Britain Queen’s Beasts in platinum. Specifically the 100 pound mint state. Despite my resolution to separate my bullion from my collecting, somehow I’ve ended up adding a couple more ‘prettybullion’ coins. I guess Great Britain is my exception to that rule...

Also there is a discrepancy between the registry and part of the census. One uses Great Britain and the other uses United Kingdom as the category name. 

Edited as I’m on my phone and it appears as though it’s either different app vs website or the categories are being edited. 

Thank you, Star City Homer.

We will create a platinum Queen's Beasts set in the near future. We are aware of the discrepancy with Great Britain and are working on streamlining the two. Thanks very much.

How about a 1946-1964 Set of Roosevelt dimes that includes the regular issues and proof coins?  I looked this weekend and couldn't find one.  I was able to find all the individual ones though!

3 hours ago, erwindoc said:

How about a 1946-1964 Set of Roosevelt dimes that includes the regular issues and proof coins?  I looked this weekend and couldn't find one.  I was able to find all the individual ones though!

I just reviewed the Roosevelt dime sets and was surprised at the amount of interest in the coins especially those with a full torch. I like the idea and a silver set that includes both proof and business strikes  could get some more competition and increase interest in the series itself. Just a matter of time before these coins start to get scarce. 

Bottom line I support the idea.

• Administrator
On 6/29/2019 at 5:52 PM, erwindoc said:

Hello and thank you for the request.

Our team will research this and get back to you via email. Please let us know when we may assist next.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Holy Toledo said:

Can you please consider adding the following sets:

US Quarters: 2005-2010 SMS

US Quarters: 2019 West Point

Hello and thank you for the request, Holy Toledo.

We will create the SMS set in the near future. The West Point quarters are eligible in other competitive NGC Registry sets. The set you suggest is more suitable for a Custom Registry set. Please let us know when we may assist next.

Ali,

Currently there are two separate Canada Competitive dollar sets - Nickel Dollars, 1968 - 1987, Circulation Issue Set (currently 9 participants collecting this set) and a Loon Dollars, 1987 - Date, Circulation Issue, Including Varieties Set (currently 14 participants collecting this set). Would NGC consider creating a new set that would combine the two sets into a One Dollar, 1968 - Date, Circulation Issue, Including Varieties Set?

Thank you for your consideration,

Bobby

I am always inclined to ask whether or not a new set will increase interest or add a new dynamic. I like that the requestor is forthright in laying out how many folks are currently collecting Canadian dollars. I assume that he is not asking that the two presents be eliminated but that we have an addtional new set. There would be 23 possible participants with the new combined set. Will the new set attract new Registry participants? My take is probably not. On the other hand if a majority of the 23 current participants like the idea of creating a new set, then why not as long as the two present sets are kept intact. 

• Administrator
On 7/13/2019 at 4:19 PM, bigmarty 58 said:

Ali,

Currently there are two separate Canada Competitive dollar sets - Nickel Dollars, 1968 - 1987, Circulation Issue Set (currently 9 participants collecting this set) and a Loon Dollars, 1987 - Date, Circulation Issue, Including Varieties Set (currently 14 participants collecting this set). Would NGC consider creating a new set that would combine the two sets into a One Dollar, 1968 - Date, Circulation Issue, Including Varieties Set?

Thank you for your consideration,

Bobby

Thank you for the request, bigmarty58.

Our team will research your request and email you when a decision has been reached. Please let us know when we may assist next with the NGC Registry.

8 hours ago, Ali E. said:

Thank you for the request, bigmarty58.

Our team will research your request and email you when a decision has been reached. Please let us know when we may assist next with the NGC Registry.

Thank you.

Please add the set:

D.C. and U.S. Territories Quarters, Silver, 2009, Proof Issue

And rename this set:

D.C. and U.S. Territories Quarters, 2009, Proof Issue to D.C. and U.S. Territories Quarters, Silver and Clad, 2009, Proof Issue