• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New member posted by Stevenn55

14 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Hi I'm Steven Newport and am just getting back into it again

Not sure where I'm going from here. I sold my last collection when My wife took sick. Now it's time to start over again. I find the pull of coin collecting is very hard to ignore. I don't expect to do this in a hurry. My last collection took many years to gather, not that it was of any huge dollar value. But enough that I was very proud of it. So here I go again.

See more journals by Stevenn55

Welcome home, Buddy!

In your re-start, take stock of what you had or specialized in, and Pick your favorite of them all, and unless you have plenty of dough-rae-mi, limit yourself to that coin or category and grade. You can always expand later.

Some of the big dealers are selling at pretty reasonable prices, take advantage when you can. Hope my 2 cents helps.

Best of wishes,

Broke-Daddy

Welcome back to this great hobby! Most of us have similar stories where life put our collecting on hold. Glad you made it back and I think you'll find the Collector's Society fun and informative.

Todd

welcome,

I know where you are comming from In 1996 I had to sell my complete Confederate type because of cancer. it has taken me a few years to build what I have now. Keep at it and you will enjoy your return

wheat