• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grandfather's 1893-S Morgan dollar in raw Gem condition :).

38 posts in this topic

<<No problem Scott and I feel the same way that you do.

The 1909-S VDB listing probably presents more of a problem for Ebay, because we can't show them where the seller obtained the images, like we could with the 1893-S Dollar. And they usually don't seem to do much of anything over the weekend.>>

Hopefully Ebay will nuke it based on the fact the same exact coin sold on 12 Sept. How can you resell it twice? What will the winning buyer receive? My gut tells me it's no doubt a pirated pic. Why is it so easy to lie and defraud, rather than mean what you say, say what you mean and look someone in the eye and tell the truth? If I sell you a coin, I'm going to tell you good or bad everything I know about it. I'm gonna photograph it to the best of my ability, as it looks in hand. It was in an Ol' fatty NGC holder then it crossed into a PCGS holder, that's why it has that toning pattern. How difficult is that? This seller knows that several of us know this VDB listing is bogus x a factor of 10. Yet he continues to lie, lie, lie. Nothing I hate more than a liar and a thief.

-Scott

You may be right, however, the original buyer may have not completed the transaction or returned the item. Suggest you be a bit more cautious before jumping to conclusions.

ebay and paypal would both know if the coin was returned, they would have refunded the fees

<<No problem Scott and I feel the same way that you do.

The 1909-S VDB listing probably presents more of a problem for Ebay, because we can't show them where the seller obtained the images, like we could with the 1893-S Dollar. And they usually don't seem to do much of anything over the weekend.>>

Hopefully Ebay will nuke it based on the fact the same exact coin sold on 12 Sept. How can you resell it twice? What will the winning buyer receive? My gut tells me it's no doubt a pirated pic. Why is it so easy to lie and defraud, rather than mean what you say, say what you mean and look someone in the eye and tell the truth? If I sell you a coin, I'm going to tell you good or bad everything I know about it. I'm gonna photograph it to the best of my ability, as it looks in hand. It was in an Ol' fatty NGC holder then it crossed into a PCGS holder, that's why it has that toning pattern. How difficult is that? This seller knows that several of us know this VDB listing is bogus x a factor of 10. Yet he continues to lie, lie, lie. Nothing I hate more than a liar and a thief.

-Scott

You may be right, however, the original buyer may have not completed the transaction or returned the item. Suggest you be a bit more cautious before jumping to conclusions.

ebay and paypal would both know if the coin was returned, they would have refunded the fees

This is also not necessarily true. I have had many sellers not claim the FVF credit, and issue a refund in the form of a direct payment, rather than a refund using Paypal's refund mechanism.

Any one here bidding on the SVDB? Gem BU, I'll call it 65RB based on the pirated pics. Would you take a shot? Sold it, relisted it then ended it, then relisted, complete with three different shades of copper. Anyone?