• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Statistics: PCGS to NGC crossover

5 posts in this topic

I was wondering or exist such statistics of how many coins cross from PCGS holders to NGC?

I tried to cross 7 PCGS coins, because I wanted them in NGC slabs for NGC registry set (World Coins) and unfortunately not all of them were crossed. I didn't want to risk to downgrade, so I marked minimum grade like on PCGS slab. Care to guess how many were crossed?

PCGS was running their statistics online of crossovers%s, and the various reasons for no-grades and how many in a given month did not grade. It was around 45% for crossovers; probably about the same the other way around. Higher than the CAC %s.

tejas is right in his first guess. Only 3 from 7 were crossed. I was expecting a better result, but oh well...

I have my own web space and domain, so I guess it's time to take my time and make my own registry for my own coins. Because now ngc accept only ngc coins (world), pcgs only pcgs and I want to collect coins in both slabs and have them online for people who want to see my collection.