• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone collect insert errors?

15 posts in this topic

I don't actively collect them but I do find them interesting and would pick them up if the price was reasonable. I submitted this coin. And for the record I posted this coin before and Max at NGC was gracious enough to PM me and offer to fix the label but I kind of like it as it is.

Nick

IMG_8192_0647.jpg

The only ones I have are wrong varieties cited. E.g., "head of 1795" instead of "head of 1794", "large letters" instead of "medium letters", "head of 1838" when it's not, etc.

OP's 1879-S. I'm guessing "CAM" was added incorrectly? I don't collect Morgans but I see the PCGS coin number is not for a PL or DMPL. Or am I missing something else?

Lance.

The only ones I have are wrong varieties cited. E.g., "head of 1795" instead of "head of 1794", "large letters" instead of "medium letters", "head of 1838" when it's not, etc.

OP's 1879-S. I'm guessing "CAM" was added incorrectly? I don't collect Morgans but I see the PCGS coin number is not for a PL or DMPL. Or am I missing something else?

Lance.

sssss......

I don't collect them exactly, but I do happen to have a lot of them. I have a 72S quarter in a half holder and a recent trade pickup 99S silver proof set that about half the coins are mislabeled!!

I have several slab insert errors where the listed grade is wrong.

Me too.

And everyone of them is based on my opinion.

What are the chances of that happening.......

If you want the correct grade, send to sgs

sssss....

Still don't get it. Exactly what is the problem with it?

It's a MS (business strike) coin with a proof designation. CAM and DCAM are reserved for proof coins. To the best of my knowledge PCGS only uses PL and DMPL for Morgan dollars. I bought it out of curiosity, don't have much in it, just thought it was outside the norm and kinda neat.

I don't actively collect them but I do find them interesting and would pick them up if the price was reasonable. I submitted this coin. And for the record I posted this coin before and Max at NGC was gracious enough to PM me and offer to fix the label but I kind of like it as it is.

Nick

IMG_8192_0647.jpg

I must have looked at this for 30 seconds before I noticed the error... :insane: