• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1938-1964 Jefferson Nickel Variety Set

3 posts in this topic

Would really like to see the creation of a 1938-1964 Jefferson Nickel Variety Set with updated scoring for same (i.e. 1938 DDO & QDO, 1941 S "Large S", 1942 D/Horizontal D, just to name a few, etc.).

Thanks for your consideration,

Doug

Doug,

I actually don't like the addition of a new set for varieties but I do think that all of the major varieties should have the correct point values assigned.

At this time there is no point premium for the following prominent Jefferson Nickel varieties.

1941-S Large S

1942-D over Horizontal D

1946-D over Inverted D

Considering the price and scarcity of these issues, it is sinful that they are worth the same amount of points as the non variety coins for the same date/mm. Personally, I think that the NGC registry should recognize any variety that they currently included in their NGC variety plus program and ensure that they have the correct point values assigned.

Paul

• Administrator

We will look at adjusting these scores in the near future. If these coins are yours, can you please send me an email at aemery@ngccoin.com with your certification numbers? Thank you.