• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAC put a sticker on this thing?

53 posts in this topic

It looks OK as MS-64, but the images might not present it in the best light. It doesn't appear particularly PQ to me, though, just average.

Probably but I fail to see how it is "ugly" though...maybe it's just the photo but it doesn't look bad at all.

jom

When trying to drill down on the precise grade of a coin, I tend to defer to the expert who has seen the coin in hand and not the arm chair guy grading from a photo.

Sure but the OP posted a picture of the coin and asked the question. What are we all supposed to do? Get on an airplane and fly to his house?

Which, come to think of it, isn't a bad idea if he's serving lunch. hm

jom

'

I've had this CC for quite a while and sit here and wonder why I bought it. The coin is ugly, so is the slab. The reverse is a train wreck. I personally wouldn't have stickered this thing. How bout you?

Nice looking coin. I personnally wouldn't bother getting it CACed. A nice coin should be able to stand on it's own merrits.

I've had this CC for quite a while and sit here and wonder why I bought it. The coin is ugly, so is the slab. The reverse is a train wreck. I personally wouldn't have stickered this thing. How bout you?

No, not personally. I don't have any stickers.

No, not personally. I don't have any stickers.

My kids have a ton, if you want some I'll be glad to send them to you, its a lot better than finding them on my furniture, windows, books, basically anyplace you don't want them

The sticker has some rubs and scrapes. Will the sticker, sticker, or can you send it back for a different sticker or maybe sticker repair? Can you stack stickers?

My kids have a ton, if you want some I'll be glad to send them to you, its a lot better than finding them on my furniture, windows, books, basically anyplace you don't want them

George, I have those, too. Except I didn't tell morganguru because I figured he'd just tell me where I can stick it. :D

George, I have those, too. Except I didn't tell morganguru because I figured he'd just tell me where I can stick it. :D

See

129397.jpg.e1e48caf3a473e919bc84f2990afb38d.jpg

The eagle is flaking not even sure what you call it. Sorta like the finish is coming off.

It is not flaking, it is a pitted die that was heavily polished and produced some amazing DMPL/PL coins.

My mistake, CAC does take PL and DMPL into consideration and have declined coins they felt weren't. They do not consider the plus grades or the NGC star as Mark said. Sorry for the confusion.

Correct as they have denied a few of mine!

i`m not a fan of the "green beans" whats the point really, to say "its ok to buy this ngc did there job correctly here?"

It's another opinion of an already given opinion. How about another service that gives their opinion of the CAC opinion?

EDIT: Any chance CAC will morph into a grading/slabbing service?

i`m not a fan of the "green beans" whats the point really, to say "its ok to buy this ngc did there job correctly here?"

It's another opinion of an already given opinion. How about another service that gives their opinion of the CAC opinion?

Morphing into Morphy?

I like it,

you should sell it, especially if you are concerned about flaky eagle disease -

it is hard to tell how contagious that is

Why would they want to do a dumb thing like that? They're already the Supreme Court. ;)