• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade it 18840 Morgan

16 posts in this topic

Welcome to the forum.

Based solely on what I see in the image, my guess would be 64PL (or perhaps 63+ PL). But obviously, I can't tell what the mirrors are really like.

The mirrors are at least 5" -6", just have to take my word. I can read B&W text clearly from that distance. I like the coin as 64. There is little contrast between device n field but the mirrors are deep.

It is impossible to tell how deep the mirrors go from a picture, but it does look like a Proof-Like with a cameo. There are probably too many small marks in the field to grade higher than MS-64.

That doesn't change the marks to the face... 63+PL, maybe 64PL, but really doubt DMPL from those images (only reason 64 a real shot is because this date/mint is common like this and not a big $ difference between the two...

That doesn't change the marks to the face... 63+PL, maybe 64PL, but really doubt DMPL from those images (only reason 64 a real shot is because this date/mint is common like this and not a big $ difference between the two...

A 63 and even 64 will have hits to the cheek, they're supposed to. The mirrors are deep, guess I didn't capture it well. I can read B&W text from 5" - 6" away. All of it is mute as it resides in a Dansco.

You'll notice that my message was in reply to your reply to someone who stated 64 max, but where you focused on the quality of the fields and did not address other factors impacting grade on this coin. To that point (and my original point), the fields are not the only limiting factor that makes 64 max for this coin, because where a 63 and even 64 may and almost always do have similar marks on the face, 65s Do Not.