• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DMPL O Mint Morgans love em :)

10 posts in this topic

Yes I did. Fuji S3280 Finepix P&S, 14MP, 24X zoom, Pmode, macro mode, 64 ISO, 5.1x zoom, custom WB, 8-Fstop. Two GE CFLs 6500k 1200 lumens @ 10 n 2. Cam mounted to a tripod about 14" inches above coin. Also use a small level to ensure shooting platform is level and the cam. Cheap camera from a pawn shop, paid $100 dollars for it. Works pretty well for Morgans, ASEs and halves.

Wow, I'm impressed you got that from such a cheap setup! Mine cost 15 times that. :P

-Paul

$100 for the cam, $5 for the tripod (yardsale), $10 for the bulbs and already had the adjustable desk lamps. It's a P&S with a fixed lens, it has it's limits. Shooting small coinage is tough. Dimes, cents and nickels don't come out that well. Morgans, ASEs, and halves are easier to shoot.

I have to admit, I'm very impressed by the quality and sharpness of your photos. Welcome to our friendly abode Guru.

I try my best with what I have to work with. The lighting and distance off the coin is paramount.