• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC graded Brilliant UnCirculated worthless???

4 posts in this topic

First and for most...this is my first post on this forum and I hope Im in the correct area to ask this...Ive been searching for almost 30 minutes lol

I have a few 2007 $1 President coins that are NGC Brilliant Uncirculated

I made a custom set in my registry for them but there is no value....also there is no listing for BUNC in the guide! I've been collection coins off and on since the 70's and just started collecting a bit more attentively and thought these were the best of the best to get as far as grade...I thought they were above PF70 doh!

Where does BUC graded coins fall in the grading level and are they worth collecting? BTW Im not collecting to make a million $ just to get nice coins I enjoy but something I can hand down to my 11 yr old son and if he hates them he can get some fast cash from (thumbs u

sorry for the rant

Brilliant Uncirculated are mint state coins - so somewhere in the MS60 through MS70 range - but most likely in the common area for that issue (MS63-65), as most likely rolls of coins were submitted by the 'SHAM?SCAM' television marketers who rely on new buyers to not know how bad they are getting reamed.

They paid NGC a couple bucks to put into a slab so they could sell to newbies for $10+ what they could have gotten at a bank for $1 (less the cool NGC slab)

Some people collect slab varieites or sample slabs, but rarely pay much more than value of coin inside for them.

BOOOOOOO I bought off eBay for $6 ppd each...these were the first NGC coins I bought ever. They have no grade except that they have all the coin info as normal but where the grade is it says 'Brilliant Uncirculated'....so anything without a # grade is basically TV ?