• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1878 8tf

21 posts in this topic

Ok so here is another one that I've been considering cracking and sending in, as always my pics leave alot to be desired but what grade would you give.

1878-8tf-obv.jpg

1878-8tf-rev.jpg

64+.

I'd like to say 65 but the lighting just feels like it's perfect to hide some marks (whether it was intentional or not).

lol, nobody would call my lighting perfect lol, actually the fields are semi prooflike thus thay turned out rather darkish. The rev actually is PL but the obv has'nt enough contrast for the designation.

MS-63 there are enough marks on the face and fields to keep it from a 64. Picture isn't the greatest to try to grade from.

I've seen many a 5 and 6 that look uglier.

Well this one is in an old ACG holder like the previous one I posted, graded MS66. Now not ever would I expect this to grade 66 but I bought it many yrs ago for between 64/65 money and I think it could on the right day get a 64+, I guess I'll find out sometime in the future when I try and cross it.

Thanks for the guesses :)

Looks like MS64 to me. I've seen worse in 64 holders but I would be surprised to see it any higher, even in a 64+ holder I would think it was overgraded.

As always, based on the pics. Weak central line strike. Pics make me wonder if the devices are as frosted as the pics show. If accurate, a solid PL. A few hits in focal areas. I'd say MS63 PL.

Carl