• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC CrossOver Special

5 posts in this topic

• Administrator

For a limited time NGC is offering a CrossOver special for all US and World coins. Collectors and dealers praise NGC for its consistent and accurate grading as well as the high quality display of its holders. Now you can submit your PCGS-certified coins for CrossOver and pay only a modest $5 handling fee per coin if they do not meet NGC’s strict grading standards.

Read the full announcement here >

I submitted 39 coins all PCGS graded.  I think that NGC has tightened it's grading standards a bit.  A few coins that did not cross I could understand.  But several other that did not cross I did not agree with.

All but one coin that did cross, crossed at the same grade.  One coin, which is funny, upgraded from a PCGS MS62 to an NGC MS63.  The funny thing about this is that this coin was previously graded MS61 by NGC when I submitted it some time ago.  I always believed that it should have graded MS63, and well, now it is.  The deal for submitting crossovers is quite fair, but I think that some of the coins that did not cross would have graded the same grades as they were graded by PCGS if they had been submitted raw.  But of course I would not take that chance.  Even with the current, and good deal provided by NGC, it still costs a considerable sum of money to have the coins crossed over, especially adding in shipping and fees, etc.  Since some of us are not wealthy, I would like to see their crossover special extended well beyond April.