• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND SLABS

Would you put your coins into NGC   

120 members have voted

1. 1. Would you put your coins into NGC

17 posts in this topic

Why are all the grading service's slabs rectangle? I don't see people putting currency into round protectors! So why coins in rectangle slabs?

I vote yes for round slabs. Jerry devil.gif

No votes don't count. Hey it's my poll!

How exactly would you store/display round slabs?

Greg, the thought would never have crossed my mind except I came across some boxes my Dad had for displaying old antique pocket watches. Inside is burgandy, crush velvet and 14 individual "round" areas for watches. Well, a PQ white Morgan in a airtite, either black or white ring, looks absolutely gorgeous in them! Having them in a NGC round slab would just make it all that much better.

Jerry confused-smiley-013.gif

You wanted a round slab?

Well...they're halfway there grin.gif

link

Thanks, I actually like it. At least it's a start.

Jerry acclaim.gif

When I was in grad school, if we needed a brain from a freshly killed adult rat, we would put the rat in a clear plastic tube and then stick its head out of one end. Then, with the tube pointing head-first into a deep sink, we would push down on a plastic piece, containing a sharp blade on the end and shaped eerily similar to that slab. Voila! Head pops off into sink followed by a large volume of pumping blood. Simply pick up the head, cut it open from behind with scissors and remove the fresh brain.

No, I didn't enjoy it. It made me sick.

Sounds like the model of efficiency, Tom...Eeeeek! smile.gif

I do kinda like the looks of that slab - don't know anything

about the company.

Ken

Wood - BAD. makepoint.gif

I know it makes for a nice display and should be ok for short term use, but there has been quite a bit of talk about long term storage. But I think the current shape of holders is just fine.

I believe our displays are perfectly fine for long-term use

since they are an "open" design. Any potentially harmful

outgassing of the wood frames will be harmlessly dissipated

into the atmosphere. smile.gif

Ken

When I was in grad school, if we needed a brain from a freshly killed adult rat, we would put the rat in a clear plastic tube and then stick its head out of one end. Then, with the tube pointing head-first into a deep sink, we would push down on a plastic piece, containing a sharp blade on the end and shaped eerily similar to that slab. Voila! Head pops off into sink followed by a large volume of pumping blood. Simply pick up the head, cut it open from behind with scissors and remove the fresh brain.

I keep coming back to your reply. I keep telling myself to heck with it. But I do want to ask one thing. If you have something you want to say to me directly, why don't you just do it instead of disguising it behind something you did in grad school.

erry

I keep coming back to your reply. I keep telling myself to heck with it. But I do want to ask one thing. If you have something you want to say to me directly, why don't you just do it instead of disguising it behind something you did in grad school.

erry

893scratchchin-thumb.gif