• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

!960D Small Date Lincoln Memorial 106th Anniversary ANA NYC 1997 posted by hunter's gold

9 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

An Interesting find for $15.00

Hi everyone. I was scanning Ebay the past week as well as many other sites looking to add to my Lincoln Memorial Business Strike collection when I saw this nice 1960D Small Date Lincoln Memorial in an interesting holder from the ANA 106th anniversary in NYC and with no one else bidding I decided to pull the trigger. I received the coin in the mail today and I have to say that it is a very nice specimen. The little bit of scuffing at the 11 o'clock position is on the holder. this really does not fit into my registry collect but I thought the strike and uniqueness of this particular coin was worth the $15.00 investment. As always, thanks for looking and Happy Collecting

11562.JPG

See more journals by hunter's gold

I am not sure Jason. Here is a close up of the front of this coin and I will not claim to be an expert on coins that are not graded, this one does display a very sharp and detailed strike. I am wondering if I can send it in for a detailed grading and keep the ANA sticker? Here is a close up of the obverse

127394.jpg.4e3a0b1352fc5b29b7b7de4e1f300ad8.jpg

The grade does look quite nice and this coin could be worth quite a bit more because of grade.

Never seen the holder before and it is cool, but it is basically a sample slab, which historically aren't worth more than the raw value of the coin.

I wonder if you could send it for "cross-over" and stipulate the grade - say if it isn't at least MS 66 RD then leave it in the holder, else take it out and grade it.

Just my two cents...

Todd

That is a very cool slab. I wonder what the distro was? Probably not all attendees, maybe attendees at a particular panel or discussion. Or maybe for customers that submitted coins for grading during the convention?

I would NOT have it reslabbed, with grade, unless NGC assured me they would print a new label that would include all the stuff from your current label, plus the grade. For 15.00 that is a winner.

Malcolm

Just ran the series through the NGC verifier and it looks like the highest number for the series is 678898-099. I doubt if they did a separate run so it appears that type of encapsulation is limited to 99 examples. Weird, you'd think they would have done 106 to match the anniversary if they were going to be so low on production.

Later,

Malcolm