• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A milestone...

16 posts in this topic

100th coin added to my horses set

This will be a short post, but an exciting one for me. Today I received my 2012 Sacagawea Dollar proof coin in the mail. I have been excited for this new design for several months, and it was fun to finally see one in hand. It seems fitting that this coin also happens to be coin #100 in my horses themed set!

I truly love the Sacagawea dollar design, and it is one of the few coins that I collect as a series. I opted for the proof version for my horse collection, and when I find the MS examples they will of course be added to my complete set of Sacagawea dollars.

I hope everyone is having a good week.

Happy collecting!

-Brandon

11437.jpg

See more journals by The BRG Collection

Brandon, That is the best Sac thus far and will go great in your herd of horses. Your set is getting greater and larger by the purchase.

Keep up the hard work--Your set looks wonderful.

Rick

Your 2012 Sac looks great. I won a NGC PR70 2012 Sac today. After seeing the quality of your coin, I am excited to get mine in the mail.

I am collecting a NGC PR70 Sac Series. Only a few more to go before I get the complete set to date.

I get inspired to keep my search going after seeing your and other collectors' posts.

Best wishes.

Jack

Gratz on the milestone! I collect Sacs as a series as well. I have a complete PF69UC set, and have been working on the PF70UC version, which is about half complete. I have been enjoying the series even more since the Native American reverses started in 09.

Cheers!

Congrats on the 100 Brandon!!

Where is everyone finding the 2012 Sac? I need one in NGC PR69 Ucam for my Sac set and I haven't seen one yet!

Where is everyone finding the 2012 Sac? I need one in NGC PR69 Ucam for my Sac set and I haven't seen one yet!

Nunfa0,

I got mine on Ebay for about $19.90 w/free shipping. Brandon bought his from the same dealer, I believe, because our first 7 numbers match. I see the MS are also starting to appear at about the same price 19.90 (or so) w/free shipping. The PFs are all NGC, the MSs are so far mostly PCGS.

Malcolm

Nunfa0,

I got mine on Ebay for about $19.90 w/free shipping. Brandon bought his from the same dealer, I believe, because our first 7 numbers match. I see the MS are also starting to appear at about the same price 19.90 (or so) w/free shipping. The PFs are all NGC, the MSs are so far mostly PCGS.

Malcolm

John,

Yep, what Malcolm said is true. The dealer on eBay (directcoin) where I purchased mine had 30 for sale graded PF69UC at $19.95 and free shipping...and they all sold in like a few hours. I have seen some from crc-1 also (and I've had very positive experiences with them before also). I'm not sure if all of these guys will ship internationally - so maybe you can't see their postings from NZ.

-Brandon

Hi all, thanks so much for the kind words.

The first 100 has been a journey that took from April 1st, 2011 through May 31st, 2012 -- 14 months. That's an average of around 7 coins per month but it was much easier than the next 100 will be -- as now I'm down to the more obscure and difficult to find pieces. Nonetheless, it's been extremely fun.

I can't say it enough times -- If you haven't started a custom set of some kind, you should really give it some thought. The flexibility of custom sets to enhance the hobby with wiggle room for creativity is a HUGE benefit of the NGC site. :)

All the best, and hope everyone has a great weekend,

-Brandon