guess the grade on this 1896 Morgan

41 posts in this topic

I would purchase that coin in a heartbeat based solely on the reverse tone.

I agree. I would purchase the coin in a New York minute. ;)

Is that a New York minute calculated by a cab driver?

Chris

lol

P.S. How have you been? I haven't seen you around that much lately.

Just curious how could it be a new pickup, when it's currently for sale on Ebay?

Did you consign it to Shane? Or are you Shane from kryptonitecomics?

1896tonerEbay

OP's post date was 5/26/12. I don't see that as a new pick up based on your post date.

Carl

Just curious how could it be a new pickup, when it's currently for sale on Ebay?

Did you consign it to Shane? Or are you Shane from kryptonitecomics?

1896tonerEbay

i bought this coin from FilthyHoard for a customer of mine.

my customer that was supposed to buy it cancelled on me, and i'm now selling it under consignment with Shane

<

my customer that was supposed to buy it cancelled on me, and i'm now selling it under consignment with Shane>>

I'm surprised it hasn't made that jump to over $500, I'm sure it will. Highly attractive pieces don't go unnoticed. Good luck with it.

<

my customer that was supposed to buy it cancelled on me, and i'm now selling it under consignment with Shane>>

I'm surprised it hasn't made that jump to over $500, I'm sure it will. Highly attractive pieces don't go unnoticed. Good luck with it.

I believe it will, right before the end of the auction (wishful thinking..? lol)

A couple months back I sold (also through Shane) a beautiful Morgan that was all toned in blue on the obverse (I think it was a 1884-O NGC 64 CAC), and it was stuck on $260 or $280 the whole week until the last 50 seconds (!!). Then jumped to $300+, and closed at $513 hehe..

I know many buyers wait to the last seconds of the auction to bid.

Not to advertise/spam, but it really is a magnificent coin, and very lustrous and with vibrant colors that you just have to see in hand to understand..

Shane is doing a great job on the pictures and I'm very pleased with what I got for all the consignment coins he sold for me!