• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guess the grade on this 1896 Morgan

41 posts in this topic

I would purchase that coin in a heartbeat based solely on the reverse tone.

I agree. I would purchase the coin in a New York minute. ;)

Is that a New York minute calculated by a cab driver?

Chris

lol

P.S. How have you been? I haven't seen you around that much lately.

Just curious how could it be a new pickup, when it's currently for sale on Ebay?

Did you consign it to Shane? Or are you Shane from kryptonitecomics?

1896tonerEbay

OP's post date was 5/26/12. I don't see that as a new pick up based on your post date.

Carl

Just curious how could it be a new pickup, when it's currently for sale on Ebay?

Did you consign it to Shane? Or are you Shane from kryptonitecomics?

1896tonerEbay

i bought this coin from FilthyHoard for a customer of mine.

my customer that was supposed to buy it cancelled on me, and i'm now selling it under consignment with Shane

<

my customer that was supposed to buy it cancelled on me, and i'm now selling it under consignment with Shane>>

I'm surprised it hasn't made that jump to over $500, I'm sure it will. Highly attractive pieces don't go unnoticed. Good luck with it.

<

my customer that was supposed to buy it cancelled on me, and i'm now selling it under consignment with Shane>>

I'm surprised it hasn't made that jump to over $500, I'm sure it will. Highly attractive pieces don't go unnoticed. Good luck with it.

I believe it will, right before the end of the auction (wishful thinking..? lol)

A couple months back I sold (also through Shane) a beautiful Morgan that was all toned in blue on the obverse (I think it was a 1884-O NGC 64 CAC), and it was stuck on $260 or $280 the whole week until the last 50 seconds (!!). Then jumped to $300+, and closed at $513 hehe..

I know many buyers wait to the last seconds of the auction to bid.

Not to advertise/spam, but it really is a magnificent coin, and very lustrous and with vibrant colors that you just have to see in hand to understand..

Shane is doing a great job on the pictures and I'm very pleased with what I got for all the consignment coins he sold for me!