• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Unregister Your Sold Coins! posted by MV Coins

13 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Nothing is More Annoying that Trying to Register a Coin or Two and getting this Message - "This cert number is already owned by another user."

Today I was trying to register a very nice NGC 1946 S MS 67 STAR(*) FT Roosevelt Dime when I got this message. Honestly if you have placed your coins on EBAY or a coin auction site (like Heritage or Teletrade) maybe it is time to unregister them from your NGC Collectors Society page. Just a thought as his seems to be the polite thing to do. In the end NGC always fixes the problem, but you are stuck waiting days and days. I wish there was a faster solution to the common annoying problem.

11302.JPG

See more journals by MV Coins

I always delete SOLD coins from my Registry collections. I don't delete them when I list them for sale (they don't always sell!), but once I have accepted payment for a coin it's no longer mine so it comes out of my Registry collections. It would be nice if everyone did the same.

Same here, I mark them as sold when I get paid for them and delete from collection manager after they are loaded in the buyers sets.

I have purchased a few that I am sure the owner has passed on. I tried to contact the owner of those but never had any luck (a lot of top pops).

I do know of a 1946 S MS67* FT that looks pretty nice with a few slight blemishes that is owned by a former member that was blackballed and he is selling his set. It may be his and he can't delete it or even log into the club.

Later---Rick

If it is someone that is a collector and does not sell a lot they might of simply forgotten to do this. I can also see how people don't want to unregister until after the customer gets it because they could always return it.

Its just to easy to delete them to have any excuse not to.Its just a matter of common courtesy that unfortunately,is not so common any more!!!

I can see both sides, on the one side where people want to immediately add their new coins to their collections and oh boy have to wait a couple days, maybe they need to learn a little patience. The other side is some people own tons of coins and this is the only way they keep track of them, so they do not want to delete the coin early because it could get lost in the mail. I like to delete the coin when the USPS site says out for delivery.

I have had people buy a coin on ebay from me and within a matter of minutes after the auction's close want to add the coin to their set. Haven't even paid yet, but they have the time to add it to their set. COME ON PEOPLE pay for your coins, then you can demand things.

I used to get upset back a few years ago when I ran into this problem, now I only get upset when I know for certain a collector does no longer own a coin yet they hopelessly keep it attached to their set so they can wrongly get a place they don't deserve.

Over the past few years I have learned a great deal and acquired a lot of patience, now I just expect to have to wait and when it happens its no big deal.

Hopefully the previous owner will read his/her email in a timely fashion and you won't have to wait very long. GOOD LUCK! :banana:

I do agree with Wells collection about paying first,but just as fast as you want to get paid thats how fast some want to register their new coin.Once it is paid for it is the new owners coin even if it is not in hand yet.so if someone pays quickly do them a favor and unregister the coin quickly and please dont "forget" just my two cents!!!!

I do agree with Wells collection about paying first,but just as fast as you want to get paid thats how fast some want to register their new coin.Once it is paid for it is the new owners coin even if it is not in hand yet.so if someone pays quickly do them a favor and unregister the coin quickly and please dont "forget" just my two cents!!!!

Have you ever sold a coin that you didn't unregister first?

Sometimes when coins are up for sale, the register owner may have passed away. The major auction sites i.e. TeleTrade, Heritage etc. will accept these coins to sell and they will not take them out of the register owners set. The family members who cosigned them may not know enough about the collection to have gone through the process to have them unregistered. I have bought many coins through all of the auction sites where the coin was still registered and i am not sure if they are allowed to do so.

I have only sold very few coins,but they are unregistered before they are sold!!!

Okay, when you have hundreds of slabbed coins, an E-Bay store, NGC registry collections, PCGS registry collections, a job, a wife, kids, and all of the other wonderful things that life throws at you, worrying about whether someone has to wait 24 hours to add a coin you sold them to their registry is way down at the bottom of my list of priorities.

The simple fact is that if you add a coin to your registry collection that is owned by someone else, the previous owner is sent an automatic message through the registry informing them that someone else is trying to add the coin to their registry set. At that point, it becomes very easy to release the coin, a simple click of the mouse. Now if they don't release the coin and ignore the message, then your point is valid.

As an E-Bay seller, I give buyers three days to make payment. Expecting 24 hours to release the coin from the registry is not too much to ask IMO.

I have only sold very few coins,but they are unregistered before they are sold!!!

Okay, when you have hundreds of slabbed coins, an E-Bay store, NGC registry collections, PCGS registry collections, a job, a wife, kids, and all of the other wonderful things that life throws at you, worrying about whether someone has to wait 24 hours to add a coin you sold them to their registry is way down at the bottom of my list of priorities.

The simple fact is that if you add a coin to your registry collection that is owned by someone else, the previous owner is sent an automatic message through the registry informing them that someone else is trying to add the coin to their registry set. At that point, it becomes very easy to release the coin, a simple click of the mouse. Now if they don't release the coin and ignore the message, then your point is valid.

As an E-Bay seller, I give buyers three days to make payment. Expecting 24 hours to release the coin from the registry is not too much to ask IMO.

+1

I made a trade with a forum member, and as soon as he received it, he sent me a request to transfer ownership in the registry. I did so immediately. From the time of his request (or at least when I received the email), I think it took less than 3 hours for me to agree to transfer it. Three hours isn't that long.

I would agree with a 24 hour wait,what bothers me is when you have to wait for NGC to release the coin because the seller wont or just "forgets"!!!