• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lets do a 1793 to current US Coin post!

534 posts in this topic

Pause! (requested by EVP)

Our esteemed TomB is coming to my house this Thursday to image my collection. As soon as possible, I'll commence with 1840 (assuming you guys can wait that long). I have most of the dates in MS, so this is worth the wait. :)

EVP

Our esteemed TomB is coming to my house this Thursday to image my collection. As soon as possible, I'll commence with 1840 (assuming you guys can wait that long). I have most of the dates in MS, so this is worth the wait. :)

EVP

We will be into the 1900's by then I'm guessing.

EVP

We will be into the 1900's by then I'm guessing.

:(

I guess I missed the part about it being ok to post multiples of the same mint year. I originally thought it would be only one coin shown for each mint year.

I like your rules, Mozin. Just one coin per year, delete duplicates, limit how many posts by members. Makes it more fun and interesting, with a wider variety, if a bit slower.

This one is just different, I guess. Wait 'til we hit the 1900's.

Lance.

Nothing wrong with multiples of the same year. We all have coins we want to show off so why not?

Edit to say: let's try to keep them in order though.

Nothing wrong with multiples of the same year. We all have coins we want to show off so why not?

Good! I was hoping to be able to show these two 1838 pieces, but I was on line last night when the date passed. The first issues of the two southern gold mints ...

1838-C Quarter Eagle

1838C250O.jpg1838C250R.jpg

1838-D Half Eagle

1838-D5O.jpg1838-D5R.jpg

Those are terrific, Bill! who doesn't love early southern gold?

Here's an idea, to maintain a little order as we approach more popular years.

More than one coin for a year may be displayed. However, as soon as a coin for the following year is posted nothing earlier than that is allowed.

Again, just a thought. This is Ankur's thread. The rules are his and he must enforce them.

Lance.

:gossip: It would be the most interesting if there was just one coin per post. Then, you get to see what that one person thought was interesting to include....and also, no one could post two years in a row....

You get a reallllly nice flow and variety that way, instead of 49 different posts showing 1837 Bust halves. ;)

Also, there was nothing in the rules about having to own the particular coins...

;)

It should be understood that you own the coins. I hope everyone likes seated coins because we are going to see a ton of them very soon!

To hell with the rules...just try to get within a year or so...close enough. I like looking at the photos! :slapfight:

jom