• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RE:1957D Franklin posted by Six Mile Rick

9 posts in this topic

I had one more but didn't want to bother to many with multiple pics of the same coin. I put it in the obverse slip in the set for sale on my page. A Gumball Pic. One day I may realy catch the right angle of this one.

Thanks Guys-------Rick

Im asking because I never get good grades..I have a dmpl I want to submit(morgan)but have had bad luck with grading companys.seems like only the large dealers get the grades.

I used to think the same way, but this anomaly is created by volume. The large dealers buy in huge volume and thus have a broader selection to pick from when grading. When I started trying to learn grading seriously, I choose to work with the Roosevelt Clad set I was working on and bought as many coins as I could find, OBW rolls, rolls of coins in mint cello, mint sets in bulk, etc - weed through the junk, keep a few, go back through the keepers and then weed through them again, keeping what I thought was the very best. I went through hundreds of the same date on most issues and only then did I get into MS 67 FT and MS 68 FT coins. I thought these were mythical coins reserved for the mighty, what I found out was they are out there, but my subset was just too small to find them... They are still very tough to find though. In 3 years of searching I've found one coin in the 1970's subset of Roosie's that graded to an MS 67 FT - I would guess that I've been through 5,000 coins to find it. In that same group of coins I did also find one MS 68. 2c

This coin was purchased from Ron - (rons). I did do allot of coin grading submisions on Morgans before the stock market crash. You get better with each submision and I tell everyone that wants to submit some coins--" Purchase a few--medium grade,nice grade, and a real high grade - graded by the same grader. This will give you something to actually compare your new additions to before grade submissions are sent in.

Later----Rick