• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm Surprised! posted by DrDarryl

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I'm eager to see the conservation results by NCS ...

I submitted a 1959 Official Hawai'i Statehood sterling silver medal (serial number 26) for NCS conservation and NGC grading. I was expecting a details encapsulation as some sort of chemical layering and reaction was occurring on the medal's reverse.

This is the lowest serial number for the medal I have encountered and picked up this prize just for the serial number.

I checked the medal's status. It graded MS-66! Now it's a bigger prize...

Sunrise picture taken at Makapu'u Point on the island of Oah'u

11023.jpg

See more journals by DrDarryl

Outstanding! Congratulations on the medal and thanks for the beautiful photograph of Maui. Having went to Hawaii on several occasions years ago while in the Navy, I hope to visit Hawaii again sometime in the future. Your medal also gives me hope that a medal I currently have awaiting conservation will turn out well. All the best.

Gary

Great coin experience and a great photograph. I was at K-Bay in the early 1980s, seems like a long long time ago. Thanks for the updates and memories.

Great coin experience and a great photograph. I was at K-Bay in the early 1980s, seems like a long long time ago. Thanks for the updates and memories.

NCS conservation must have done you a great justice. What was the cost for conservation? I was just talking to a pennie nut about sending his better wheats to NCS. He is going to call Tuesday and find a cost on 100 or 200 at a time. He has some dip solution and when I saw the coins that were dipped I told him to start using a professional. I also have him talked into joining the club so he may just end up reading this.---O-K conversation over.

GREAT PICTURE!!!