• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you pay?

15 posts in this topic

1970-S proofs are well know for their well defined, concentrical ringed target toning. They can be beautifully rainbow toned or have muted, rather hazy toned rings.

Those range from a few dollars to a couple humdred. I've never seen one quite like this and would be a little concerned, but it could also be the result of lighting.

Without seeing other photos or in hand I would not pay more than a few dollars. But then I've paid more for less. It just depends on how well you like it.

there are some nice DDO in this date, I can't tell if this is one or not

-the TR in TRUST and the BERT in LIBERTY make me think this could be one

$5 raw, $20 if in hand and pretty sure DDO

If I were looking for an example, I would pass on this one. They are common, and there is no need to settle for a coin with splotchy toning and flyspecks.

I agree. If I like it in hand, and depending on what the reverse looks like, and if I was in the market for one, I'd probably pay about $10.

I bought this coin from a local dealer for $3 bucks a couple of years ago.

Sold it on ebay for $7 dollars a few months back and just saw it with an asking price of $100.

I am sure it will not sell but was curious about others opinions.

CEhmz1wBWkKGrHqIOKjE0Zvgio7wBNSInWJcw_1.jpg

To top it off this is the pic I listed. lol