• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WEEK #509 IT'S QUESTION TIME....

13 posts in this topic

• Administrator

This weeks First and Second place winners will be picked at random…The question must be answered by Saturday at midnight EST.

QUESTION:

What was the first catalog to include the Sheldon Scale numeric grading for coins other than large cents?

Our first place winner will receive a copy Leonard Augsburgers “Treasure in The Cellar”.

There will also be a runner up prize given to a selected player with the correct answer.

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia info post for more details

Wow...this was a tough one for me. However, as best as I can tell, after Dr. Sheldon developed his grading system for large cents, Abe Kosoff was the first to use his system for grading in his mail order catalog "Coin Gallery".... At least that is what the connecting of dots leads me to believe. I will be interested to see if I am right.

• Administrator

QUESTION:

What was the first catalog to include the Sheldon Scale numeric grading for coins other than large cents?

ANSWER

Abe Kosoff's Numismatic Gallery May 14, 1968 sale of the Alex Shuford Collection.

Our first place winner Crohnos01 will receive a copy of Augsburgers “Treasure in The Cellar”.

No runner up this week.

Thank you for playing and please stop by this Friday for the PMG Numisma-Quest question