My Best Circulation Find from the Past posted by DrDarryl

6 posts in this topic

3,247 posts

The year was 1995. The location was Southern Maryland. The find was ...

In May of 1995, I stumbled upon a news article about a woman who unloaded a few coins at a coin shop in Annapolis, Maryland for a whopping $200 a piece. With this news, I rushed to the local bank to purchase a new box of coins.

I opened my first roll and started to delicately view each. As I detected something odd with the coin I would place it aside. I looked at each coin with a 10X loupe. It was tedious and my eyes took a beating.

To my surprise I found a grouping of these pennies. Not having a picture of what I was looking for, I assumed these were the $200 a piece prize.

I latter found a picture online and they were an exact match in what I had in my possession. In total, the value of my find was $10,000.

What I found were fifty (50) mint state 1995 Doubled Die Obverse Lincoln pennies.

See more journals by DrDarryl

273 posts

I have recieved a Roll of 58's and a Roll of 47's. I have opened the 58's, but haven't used a glass to look at them. They are BU. The 47's I have not opened. They sure are shiny for wheaties. Worst part is I got them 6 months ago... I don't see very well, but need to take a day and go through them