• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Best Circulation Find from the Past posted by DrDarryl

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The year was 1995. The location was Southern Maryland. The find was ...

In May of 1995, I stumbled upon a news article about a woman who unloaded a few coins at a coin shop in Annapolis, Maryland for a whopping $200 a piece. With this news, I rushed to the local bank to purchase a new box of coins.

I opened my first roll and started to delicately view each. As I detected something odd with the coin I would place it aside. I looked at each coin with a 10X loupe. It was tedious and my eyes took a beating.

To my surprise I found a grouping of these pennies. Not having a picture of what I was looking for, I assumed these were the $200 a piece prize.

I latter found a picture online and they were an exact match in what I had in my possession. In total, the value of my find was $10,000.

What I found were fifty (50) mint state 1995 Doubled Die Obverse Lincoln pennies.

See more journals by DrDarryl

I have recieved a Roll of 58's and a Roll of 47's. I have opened the 58's, but haven't used a glass to look at them. They are BU. The 47's I have not opened. They sure are shiny for wheaties. Worst part is I got them 6 months ago... I don't see very well, but need to take a day and go through them