• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC / PCGS Reply

17 posts in this topic

My reply to Bully

Bully makes some good points... Since I started purchasing graded coins, I have always preferred NGC over PCGS. The reason is that I just like the holders better... to me they are more aesthetically pleasing.

I also see that PCGS coins seem to cost more, but the reason this is so escapes me. Could it be that PCGS puts a higher FMV on their coins? Another reason I ignore FMV listings and Price Guides is that they are inconsistent and IMHO arbitrary.

Also lets see if this journal will allow for forum dialog.

Whatever the motivation behind it, collectors are hedging their bets and, I think, trying to avoid the emotional nonsense that came with the World Set debacle. Who wants to have to worry about all that?

I wonder if there are any NGC and PCGS fanboys like Mac and PC users... I feel a parody commercial coming on!

See more journals by SPHansen

You used MAC and PC as your example.. I replied to BULLY with the Burger King and McDonalds version.. ha ha ha.

Its all about personal preference. I perfer NGC coins and I only buy NGC coins. With buying NGC coins, I came to the NGC Collectors Society. That is what keeps my motivation for NGC going. Its like the first time I tasted a Whopper.. loved it.. flame broiled burgers.. yum! Then I tried the Big Mac.. 3 peices of bread?? What the heck were they thinking? ha ha ha..

Anyways.. people choose A or B based off what works for them. Some people have a reason, some dont. It is what it is.

And like you, I have no clue why PCGS coins are more expensive than NGC.. maybe what is why alot of people stick to NGC.

As most of you know I collect circulated sets and not to interested in proofs. When I check out a few Morgans or a couple Trade dollars,2c pieces,3c pieces, whatever--. I am not at all interested in the slab it is contained in but the way the coin wins my approval. I want a coin set that is eye appealing, not a matching set of slabs. Of course if I find a better looking coin in a NGC slab I will swop it out.

Not much for Burger King or McDonalds, More of a Hardies man.

Later---Rick

I like SPHansen have always preferred NGC coins for the very same reasons but also because they are less expensive usually. I have only about 10 PCGS coins and every single one is a top pop, some of those do not even exist in an NGC holder is that because more coins have been submitted to PCGS or is it because their standards are just slightly lower on certain coins and years. Take the IKE series of proofs, NGC is by and far more strict on their standards as there are only 3 1978's in PF70UC but there are literally a wheel barrel full of PR70DCAM's in the whole set. Every single 1978 NGC PF70UC Ike is from one man's submissions and some of you might know who I'm speaking of.

It is quite possible that PCGS coins go for more money because of the slew of people who use the FMV that PCGS themselves makes up. I own a 1981 PR70DCAM Washington quarter as well as the same coin from NGC and every single person I have shown these two coins to side by side prefers the NGC version due to the higher level of frost that is there I just know it if I were to crack out that PCGS coin and submit it to NGC it would NEVER get the PF70UC grade it would probably get a Star Cameo as the reverse is really lacking.

I try to acquire the best of the best regardless of company and if I saw a really nice conditional rarity in an SGS or ICG or something like that if the coin is amazing I would buy it but am I going to take that companies WORD that it is what it is, HECK NO!

There are pluses and minuses to each and every company and we as collectors have that choice in what we spend our money on. I want to have a PF70UC that if I ever wanted to or had to sell it, there would be no question in the buyers mind that it is perfect, and for some of the PCGS coins I've seen and turned down buying it just wasn't there for me. I own a 1976 25c CLAD PR70DCAM and it is just plain crappy looking when compared to the PR69DCAM that it replaced, makes me look again and again at coins to make sure they really are as nice as the holder suggests. Buyer Beware is a saying that has been around forever and it is even more true today!

On the proof side of modern coinage PCGS has graded WAY more Proof 70's with the exception of some of the 90's and 00's most of the 70's and 80's coins there are so many its not even a comparison. Likewise there are always exceptions to the rule and I'm sure someone will disagree with me.

It all boils down to buy what you enjoy and enjoy what you buy and we may or may not know the reasoning for NGC dropping the PCGS side on world coins but they are NGC and can and will do whatever pleases them as we are free to do the same. If their decision bothers you to the point where you flee, then I'm sure NGC as a whole will not miss you anyways.

I also prefer NGC coins, but I have found that in some series, it is difficult to find coins graded by NGC so I opt for PCGS instead. Again I have a preference, not a blind devotion. My recent experience gathering coins for my IKE proof registry set is that PCGS coins far outnumber NGC in this particular category. Why, I have no answer. But, if push comes to shove and PCGS is eliminated from all registry sets, I will simply turn them into custom sets as all my sets are just virtual whitman albums to me anyway.

Later,

Malcolm

Not much for Burger King or McDonalds, More of a Hardies man.

CHOICES! We Americans love choice! For whatever reason we all come to differing conclusions based on differing criteria. That said I was almost sucked into buying a world coin graded lower than the existing PCGS coin I own just to fill a slot! INSANE! This is why I CHOSE to start my own website, coinsbygary.com to MAXIMIZE my choices and escape the lunacy of what I was contemplating. While I prefer NGC graded coins, I am narrowing the market of available coins by sticking only with NGC. In fact, if PCGS and NGC have graded approximately the same number of coins I am restricting my choices by about 50% by going with one or the other exclusively. I am about completing my sets with the best available coins I can afford, be they NGC or PCGS!

Gary

Let me start out b y saying I took no offense to Bully's journal. If I did not too hear others opinions I would not post to the chat boards. It has been my goal to have a complete NGC Lincoln Circulation Issue Lincoln Memorial set. Any coin that I replace whether it be NGC or PCGS goes into my second 1959-Date set. Most of the time if I replace a coin it is because I have found a higher graded NGC coin to replace it with. This was my first time replacing a PCGS coin for the same grade. Even if NGC decided to eliminate PCGS coins from the US sets I would still have the top set as of now. That is just my preference as far as presenting this set with as many NGC coins as possible.

I know everyone touts the saying..."buy the coin not the slab" but I do have a slight issue with that saying and it's very simple for me. PCGS slabs are basicly ugly with no character to them. And whether we like it or not, the slab is part of the whole. And once you have decided on a type/grade of a coin, wouldn't you want it presented in the most pleasing way? IMO NGC has a much better holder then PCGS.

I like comparing it to buying a new car. Once I have decided on what make/model, then I would like it presented in a nice color...not some ugly eye sore that makes me wince everytime I look at it.

Jeffrey

While it is true that SOME people may in fact simply prefer NGC coins vs. PCGS graded coins, it is very much possible that it's equally true that some people are watching NGC's actions toward PCGS graded World Coins in the Registry.

Thus, collectors may have SOME reason (whatever it is) to follow what MAY BE NGC's "master plan" to get collectors to either buy NGC graded coins as a preference "just in case" or to submit their PCGS graded coins for "crossover" service just like some people have posted entries about doing.

Other people have posted Journal Entries about preferring one holder over another. If that's all it is, it's clearly a matter of preference, though it makes one wonder, why the heck would you buy a coin in a holder that annoyed you in the first place? Or, if you bought just one and hated it, why would you continue to buy them?

As for the NGC vs. PCGS preference equated to McDs v. Burger King, I think the analogy is weak on many levels. Certainly everyone is entitled to their preferences, and I simply won't debate that because that's like arguing over who likes chocolate over vanilla or who likes boys vs, girls -- there is no explanation, it just is.

Where the analogy gets weaker, however, is when longtime collectors who have satisfactorily had PCGS coins filling slots in their collections for years (or longer), suddenly feel compelled to replace those perfectly acceptable coins with coins of comparable grade in NGC holders. I would understand if, for example, you could replace a coin that was MS67 by PCGS with a coin that was MS69 by NGC for a great price and a nice point bump -- it's an upgrade.

However, to replace the coin for the SAME coin (grade, etc.)? Is that set REALLY all THAT more appealing because the serial number for the particular coin looks like one from NGC vs. one from PCGS? Really? Someone will have to explain that one to me in detail with specific examples, because I just don't see how. The slot is filled, the same points are earned, and you achieve the same ranking for your set,

Now, for the argument that people want to have only NGC coins in an NGC Registry Set. It sounds good on paper. And for those who may not have been here very long, it might be a convincing statement.

However, for those who have been around the Collectors Society for quite some time, one remembers that NGC specifically advertised and promoted its Collectors Society and Registry Sets as being BETTER and DIFFERENT from the ones on other TPG sites like PCGS because NGC provided a forum for your coins EVEN IF your coins were graded by PCGS. Therefore, this argument just doesn't hold water. NGC didn't just promote this online at their site, but took out ads in publications like The Numismatist, the official magazine of the American Numismatic Association (ANA) for which NGC is the "official grading company."

Now, NGC drew the line with PCGS and refused to admit coins from ANACS and ICG -- and even other more sketchy grading services than those two, and rightfully so. NGC and PCGS are widely considered to be "top tier" or "first tier" grading companies. While ANACS had a decent reputation once upon a time in America, things have long since changed.

In recent months, NGC took the FURTHER STEP of enhancing the Collection Manager so that users are able to load coins from other services like ANACS of ICG and even RAW coins to their Collection Manager, they just don't compete. However, for someone who wants a one stop shop for managing his or her collection inventory, this is a great enhancement. Some of you may recall my Journal Entry on this subject for insurance and inventory as part of my series relating to the SECURITY of your collection. I digress.

After my earlier posting on NGC vs. PCGS, I've received numerous comments and seen the many public entries on the subject. Honestly, this is perhaps the entry of mine which has created the greatest response that I can recall in recent memory. While my intent is not to antagonize people, I am glad that it's got people talking and thinking about the subject, because it's important, not just as collectors, not just for the Collectors Society Registry Sets but for the hobby as a whole.

A number of people wrote to me privately indicating their perception that some, if not MANY people may be moving to NGC graded coins, whether passively or actively, because they are simply "waiting for the other shoe to drop." Specifically, waiting for NGC to exclude PCGS coins from U.S. sets as they did for World Coins.

And this was my "fear" all along with NGC's unprovoked move with the World Coin Registry Sets. For Kenneth F. please allow me to change the word "FEAR" and replace it with the word "CONCERN."

My CONCERN was specifically that any of several things might happen (and I made these points when it was happening, so this is NOT a new position for me):

1. That NGC would in fact take similar action with their U.S. coin Registry Sets like with their World Coins, despite their public annoucement to the contrary.

2. That despite NGC's longstanding position on including PCGS graded coins in the Registry, that CONCERN would spread among Collectors Society members that this would no longer continue, resulting in strong growth in NGC's crossover service, even MASS CROSSOVER SUBMISSIONS, and a corresponding increase in profits for NGC, especially after increasing the price for Crossover Service in January of 2012.

3. Alternatively, CONCERN would rise among Collectors Society members, resulting in collectors starting to shun PCGS graded coins, and turn exclusively to NGC graded coins -- further adding to NGC's profitability as their fee schedule rose in 2012.

In closing, is it a matter of choice for collectors to choose NGC vs. PCGS graded coins (or vice versa) for their collections? Of course it is.

The question, however, is WHY does one make such a choice? I think the answer to that question ultimately determines whether or not the choice is as simple as Coke vs. Pepsi, or whether it's a bit more insidious, like playing into NGC's hand and increasing their profitability for no good reason EXCEPT to increase their profitability, and perhaps for higher scores and higher ranking set(s).

While I certainly hope NGC doesn't go down the road of removing PCGS coins entirely, even though PCGS graded coins ultimately make up a much smaller portion of my collection, I honestly don't care enough about it to pay more just for "points" or for a "ranking" by having my coins crossed-over or buying NGC coins to replace my PCGS coins. That's all supposed to be in good fun, and a good-natured, well-meaning competition, not a blood sport where it is "us" vs. "them" and all else be damned. After all, this is numismatics, not the presidential debates/primaries.

At least, that's what it once was.

“As for the NGC vs. PCGS preference equated to McDs v. Burger King, I think the analogy is weak on many levels.”

No it’s not.. it’s all about personal preference. That is all I was trying to say. You questioned why people prefer NGC over PCGS. It’s all about personal preference.

“Where the analogy gets weaker, however, is when longtime collectors who have satisfactorily had PCGS coins filling slots in their collections for years (or longer), suddenly feel compelled to replace those perfectly acceptable coins with coins of comparable grade in NGC holders.”

If the Registry is your whole motivation for collecting, then yes.. people will feel compelled to replace their PCGS coins with NGC coins. Will I? No. Then again, I only have 3 PGCS coins listed in my registry because my PGCS coins are doubles of NGC coins already listed.

“why the heck would you buy a coin in a holder that annoyed you in the first place? Or, if you bought just one and hated it, why would you continue to buy them?”

For me, I got the deal of the century on an estate collection of slabbed coins… couldn’t pass it up.

“The question, however, is WHY does one make such a choice?”

Some people have a reason and some do not.. it’s just about personal preference. For me, like I said, I bought a collection of coins that was dominated with NGC coins.. now I’m on the band wagon.

“And this was my "fear" all along with NGC's unprovoked move with the World Coin Registry Sets. For Kenneth F. please allow me to change the word "FEAR" and replace it with the word "CONCERN."”

Why be concerned over something you have no financial stake in? If NGC makes unpopular decisions and collectors leave, that’s their loss. Unless you have a lot of stock in NGC, there is no concern. You collection is yours. You collection goals are made by you.. don’t let NGC dictate what/how you collect. I don’t understand why NGC would can PCGS coins. They are just about even keel with each other when it comes to grading coins. If NGC cans PCGS US coins, hey.. that’s just another brick in the wall. I will continue to do what I enjoy. What did the world do before Collectors Society?

“like playing into NGC's hand and increasing their profitability for no good reason EXCEPT to increase their profitability, and perhaps for higher scores and higher ranking set(s).”

“After all, this is numismatics, not the *spoon* presidential debates/primaries.”

It’s about money, plain and simple. It’s not just NGC that are jacking prices and changing their business practices.. it’s happening everywhere.. it’s the world we live in.

I am not trying to say you are wrong or warped for asking questions.. I’m just giving my view on this situation. One can sit all day and think about why business make decisions that are unpopular.. they have their reasons.. It’s it all about MONEY.. yea, I think so. It’s something that we, as customers, have to deal with. When this decision first went into action.. I read a lot of messages and journals on this matter. Bottom line, unless we are primary stock holders, we don’t have a say in what NGC decides to do. Stinks but it is what it is. A lot of people already packed up their camps and left.. NGC will feel the ripple.

This is the inherent problem with NGC and the Certified Collectibles Group: Unlike PCGS and Collectors Universe, NGC, to my knowledge, is NOT a publicly traded company. Thus, none of us can hold stock in it and none of us have say in how it operates. They don't answer to shareholders, nor to member - only to themselves.

Question to Kenneth: Not trying to pick on you, but I do want to use your example. so please bear with me..

I posed my question about why people buy PCGS graded coins if they don't want them. You had an interesting personal example that we can explore.

So, you had a chance to acquire a collection/set of coins. and along with the majority of NGC graded coins came a smaller assortment of PCGS coins in the mix.

Here's just one of many possible questions: Are the PCGS coins REALLY a bargain if you still have to go and either replace them, sell them (and the expenses that go along with that), cross them over at great expense, etc.?

What did the world do before the Collectors Society?

A very interesting question. There were mom and pop coin stores in small towns all across the nation where collectors would know the owners and the owners would know collectors, and collectors might even "gather" on certain days/times to mingle a little. There were also coin clubs in towns and cities across the country where people met regularly to compare notes, discuss the hobby, perhaps show off recent acquisitions, even have occasional swaps or sales. There were more coin shows than there are probably today. So, while there are still some coin stores some places, and some coin clubs, and some coin shows, I think older collectors will probably remember and agree with me that there are far fewer of all of these than their used to be.

The internet has simply changed the mores of numismatists and of casual coin collectors. Just as their are fewer coin publications and that books, while still of value to numismatists, the wealth of information about coins that is online sometimes surpasses that of what one can get affordably in books which often need to be updated regularly, if not annually, and many of which are still outdated the day they are printed. The tried and true Red Book, for example, once THE standard price guide when it came to values for U.S. coins is considered by many to be nearly obsolete for a variety of factors:

1. Instant availability to closed auction prices, so one knows what the market will bear.

2. Continual fluctuations in the market for silver, gold and platinum

3. Current access to price guides online which include the above and other factors.

Do many still buy and use the Red Book? I imagine so. Why? Habit, perhaps. Is it really of value compared to the other resources we can command at the click of a button?

My apologies for the lengthy reply, but, you did ask what people did BEFORE the Collectors Society. We paid for lots of publications, subscribed to magazines and papers, bought books every year, and books curiously became a collectible in and of themselves, we met in person in homes or in musty basements halls, and went to coin shows across the country. Now, we order things from the USMint, from dealers online, or get them on eBay, and access data at a single site or perhaps a couple reliable sites. That's the shift in mores I was referring to.

As for concern about the Collectors Society, despite not having shares of a privately held company, I actually DO have a financial stake in the issue, as do hundreds if not thousands of collectors for a host of reasons:

1. Many members PAY to have increased access to the Collectors Society features, and wish to continue to use it in the way we have done for many years,

2. Aside from that, many members have paid substantial sums for their PCGS coins, and selected the Collectors Society to display and compete with their collections specifically because NGC has gone out of its way to attract collectors with PCGS coins on the promise that they will not just be allowed in the Registry sets, but WELCOMED their, the loss of the PCGS-graded coins from World Sets was a significant setback for many collectors in prestige, which leads me to my next point.

3. In a touch of bitter irony, NGC announced the 2011 "Best in Category" awards and issued them just a short while ago, including World Coin Registry Sets with PCGS graded coins, in some cases, Registry Sets which may have included EXCLUSIVELY coins that were certified by PCGS. Then, just a few short days later, NGC removed the PCGS coins from World Coin sets, and many of the collectors who just won awards for their World Coin sets found that they may have not only lost points, but may have dropped from their first place ranking. In fact, some collectors dropped several rankings while other collector rose to replace them, solely on the basis that their sets had NGC-graded coins vs. PCGS coins, or vice versa.

Such things go far BEYOND preference of NGC vs. PCGS coins, and are very much about money as Kenneth F. so eloquently explained,

While Kenneth F. may not feel compelled to replace three PCGS coins he acquired just because NGC may decide to remove PCGS graded coins from Registry Sets entirely and because I may not not feel compelled to do so, it does NOT mean that many other collectors will not feel compelled to do so.

My concern is more for the collectors who WILL feel compelled to maintain their scores, their rankings, etc. by submitting their PCGS coins to NGC for crossover service at potentially substantial cost, and further that NGC simply tries to create a greater market for their coins as some collectors move exclusively to NGC coins if only for the fact to accumulate higher scores and rankings in the Registry Sets.

While I don't do it, and you may not do it, I submit that there are plenty who will and are already doing it. These are at least SOME OF the same folks who already think that PCGS coins just don't belong in the Collectors Society Registry Sets to begin with. I find this most unfortunate.

Such a move by collectors is unfortunate not just for the hobby but for the Collectors Society. While NGC provided the forum for it, it was named the "Collectors Society" for a reason, perhaps strategically. It was intended to be a forum for all collectors, whether of NGC or PCGS coins, or both. Over the years, NGC has added numerous World Sets as collector demand for them grew, as well as adding new U.S. Sets, again according to collector demand for them, as well as additional slots in existing sets. In general, their response to member demand is admirable, which makes their move about PCGS coins in World Coin Registry Sets all the more puzzling.

NGC has provided numerous enhancements to the Collection Manager over the years as well, continually releasing new versions with new features. Sure, some version roll-outs had a few kinks that needed to be worked out, but they worked out and the Collection Manager is all the better for it. Now, collectors can basically use it as a total inventory manager for their collections if they so wish, no need to buy software, create their own spreadsheets or databases. Instead, we can just load ALL of our coins into the Collection Manager, NGC, NCS, PCGS, ANACS, etc. -- and even RAW coins and they are part of our collections.

The reporting functions of the Collection Manager, depending on the size of your collection, might be a bit slow to extract, but it DOES extract your data into a text file, an Excel file, and a number of other formats, whichever you most prefer. Even if you don't do the extractions regularly, or at all, in the event of a loss or in case you live in an area where your house and your bank safe deposit box(es) end up under water in a flood, hurricane or taken away by tornadoes, the good news is that when you get somewhere safe and get around to filing an insurance claim for your collection, the Collection Manager will have your data to be extracted from NGC's servers.

I am still not convinced that converting PCGS to NGC graded coins is of any significant value, and I am also not convinced that NGC's motives are anything but self-serving, nor am I convinced that collectors should swap PCGS coins of the SAME GRADE for comparable NGC coins. Upgrading a coin is another issue entirely.

However, as I've just described with the functions of the Collection Manager, NGC's site still offers some value. My hope, however, is that NGC does not further diminish its value by excluding more PCGS coins.

I don't worry about what or why somebody collects or not collect. Nor, do I care wheather or not a coin that I personally like is in a NGC or PCGS holder. My approach has been a little different. I am trying to build the best CAC stickered Lincoln set that I can, and decided to also put it in the registry here at NCG . I choose my coins by the appeal of the coin to me, and so far more of them have been PCGS. I don't know why that is , but it is what it is. If NGC decides to remove my PCGS coins OH WELL. I will still keep going the way I am going, and the ones that I can register I will, and the ones that will not register, they just won't register. I still ,however, will have my CAC stickered set. I just will not be able to let some of my new friends know of my progress.

+1 on what bully said very eloquently, plus:

There have been long periods of time since the late 1980's when slabs appeared on the market. Over this period of more than 30 years, the grading standards for coins have differed slightly in method and approach for sometimes longish periods time between the two companies. There have been times when one of the other grading companies (I am not including anyone but NGC and PCGS to keep it simple) have graded one subset (i.e. moderns) slightly different than the other company has. Presently, there is apparently less difference but is that permanent? It has not been.

There is a long-term perception that stood for years prior within which most collectors believed, that PCGS was more conservative in their grading on classic coins. Not a lot more conservative, maybe just one grade fraction but given the price differencial between grades, this would have an effect on coins graded and by whom and goes to the bottom line for collectors This is why PCGS sometimes costs more, it is consumer confidence.

The reason that I joined this club and not the other one is the ability to display and classify all of my slabbed coins in one place. This has been a successful business model for NGC since 2001, when this club was founded. I do not particularly understand why, all of the sudden with newer members, this has become an issue. It has to be to someone's personal advantage to do this because it counters the logic that formed this society.

I think that the expense of converting all of my coins to one brand drives reality. For those who already have an all NGC collection, fine and good. However keep in mind that this mixed NGC/PCGS business strategy has made this company successful and there are many members who will leave if forced to choose or convert a bunch of coins and enter the grading cr*pshoot involved in doing so. It is not like it is (5) coins to change over. It is more like half.

I take no offense with any questions.. that is what these boards are for. Your question “Are the PCGS coins REALLY a bargain if you still have to go and either replace them, sell them (and the expenses that go along with that), cross them over at great expense, etc.?

I would never say that PCGS coins are a bargin. Most PCGS coins are priced higher than their NGC brothers. I would buy a PCGS coin if I can’t find a NGC version. My goal is a complete set so if a PCGS coin is the key, then I will buy it. When I do searches for coins online, I will sort by grading company. It’s about uniformity for me (the old Army saying “dress, right, dress”).

I won’t go out of my way to replace PCGS coins until I complete my current collecting goals. The Registry is a nice place to show off my stuff but I get more enjoyment pulling out my coins and occupying the living room. Like I said, I have plenty of PCGS Morgan’s. If they are not listed in my registry it is because they are either lower grade or equal grade to my NGC stash.

Your concern about people cross grading their PCGS coins are real, if their sole motivation is the Registry. I don’t understand why somebody would let NGC dictate what they collect. I have coins from all kinds of grading companies.. I have Morgan’s in PCI, NNC, PCSG, ANACS, ICG and NGC holders. I have a thing for Morgan’s. I know that only NGC and PCGS coins are allowed in the Registry (at the moment). If NGC makes the decision that PCGS coins are forbidden in the entire Registry, I’ll drive on. When I see a coin I like, I buy it. Like I said before, I used to buy RAW only.. didn’t dig the plastic because you couldn’t hold the coin.

Once I bought the stash, I got hooked.

As for having financial stake in NGC, you are correct... when you pay for your membership. My comment was in reference to those who really got hot under the collar about NGCs decision. I was just trying to say that companies do not consult their customer base about business decisions. NGCs decision to yank PCGS coins does not have a financial impact on people who paid heavily for PCGS coins. NGC didn’t confiscate the coins.. they still have them. The only money they are out of is the membership fee if they choose to leave the club.

I am in no way supporting NGCs decision. That decision has impacted the Registry and the Collectors Society. I’ve seen folks pack up their camps and leave. NGC has lost a lot of valuable resources here. By resources I’m talking about the wealth of knowledge on the message boards and the vast collections of World Coins. I have a large collection of World Coins too.. every country I had ever set foot in.

“Such things go far BEYOND preference of NGC vs. PCGS coins, and are very much about money as Kenneth F. so eloquently explained”… ha ha ha.. Its Capitalism… .