WEEK #503 Musical Instruments & Money Enthusiasts!!!!

14 posts in this topic

Q: Give the specific musical instrument being played by Ceres/Fame on the face of the $20 note issued by the state of North Carolina on March 1, 1862.

Good luck everyone & have a great weekend!

Our first place winner will receive a coupon for 1 note graded under the Standard grading tier. (You must have an active account with PMG, call PMG for details) There will also be a runner up prize given to a randomly selected player with the correct answer.

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia info post for more details.

I think that it's a straight bugle.

My first thought was 'sacbut' but that's a predecessor of the trombone.

The instrument represented has no valves or a slide or holes of any sort so it must be a bugle of some sort.

P.S. I have a music degree and I'm having trouble with this one. I may be over-analyzing it.

Q: Give the specific musical instrument being played by Ceres/Fame on the face of the $20 note issued by the state of North Carolina on March 1, 1862.

A: Herald trumpet

Correction:

Great job everyone and congratulations to our winner mhardin and our runner up's mattcorbett2003 and ritter.

Don't forget to stop by this Friday for NGC's question

Edited by Dana G