• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help with Grade

46 posts in this topic

J3_Dog,

1. In the reply box, click on the button "Switch to Full Reply Screen".

2. Find the "File Manager" link at the bottom of the reply box, click on that.

3. Attach your files one at a time, and they must be less than 200KB each. You can attach up to 5 per post.

4. Submit your posting, and the pictures will show up in your thread.

Are you asking about the toning, or whether or not it appears to be full split bands? I would say that it is NOT full bands (and ANACS agrees with that). If you are looking for an MS66 example of this year and mint-mark, I would buy this one for half the price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/140654912595

I thought it at good toning and makbe some PL imaging. I offered 12

I don't see any PL surfaces, as the luster looks typical for the clad issues of the 1980s. And, as for the color, I can't tell if the toning is really the coin or just some funky lighting. It's pretty rare for modern issue clad coins to exhibit toning. It's not impossible, but it's not common. BUT, if you get it for $12 probably not a bad deal. Let me know what happens. :)

It did then It's pretty dark, hard to see. Is that a good price for it?

The NGC price guide is $11.25 in MS66, $28.75 in MS67. I don't know enough about the modern 1980s dimes to know anything about whether it's a good price or not. There are very few of the dimes from the 1980s graded, so it's hard to know. There were 762 million minted. :o