• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB -- Calling all woodworkers-- slab wooden box makers...

43 posts in this topic

Anyone have (or can make) a box like this to hold Capital proof/mint sets ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290650444227&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

I have looked and I cannot find a single box that will hold Capital proof/mint sets like this... might be a bigger market here as well...

I took 4 years of woodshop in high school...seems like it would be a pretty simple build if I had the time. Send me the dimensions of a capital holder and if I get time while I am still on vacation I will see what I can do...after I finish painting the hallway, building my wifes crafting table, and about 3 or 4 other things...lol

seriously though, I will be working in the garage anyway so if I have extra wood from the table top build I could throw something together and see what it looks like.

Heck if you like it I might make a few on the side for extra coin cash (thumbs u

Nice ... never considered a cigar box but I was hoping for something that the holders will slip into - like a slab does into a NGC box or wooden holder. The point is not to let them bang into each other...

I actually need 2 boxes one for the 5 coin Capital holder and one for the 6 coin holder...

5 coin - 6" long x 2" high x 5/16" wide

6 coin - 7.5" long x 2" high x 5/16" wide

I am hoping each box will hold 10 Capitol holders so an entire decide of proof/mint sets can fit into one box...

Diameter: 2 inches by 6 inches for the 5-coin Proof set.

Back to school for you Noow doh!

Please look at the post above :)

^^

I think he was referring to "diameter"...

Diameter: 2 inches by 6 inches for the 5-coin Proof set.

^^

(thumbs u

^^

(thumbs u

Don't worry noow, anyone could have made that mistake. eyeroll.gif

What mistake? :/

Really... going onto another site to post an emoticon, I thought I was the emoticonerd lol

:troll:

Neat box but have you noticed that none of those sets have any sort of eye appealing tarnish ;)

Just something to take into consideration when dealing with wood, polyurethane, dyed felt, adhesives, etc.

Neat box but have you noticed that none of those sets have any sort of eye appealing tarnish ;)

Just something to take into consideration when dealing with wood, polyurethane, dyed felt, adhesives, etc.

I dont know... except for the 56 set they all seem rather nice.. it looks like a few of the coins have toned. Hard to tell from the pics whether its colorful tarnish or not...

TonerGuy,

The Danbury mint is offering a "COOL" treasure chest so they can sell off quarters.

Wait till they sell a bunch and the chests hit E-BAY you could gut the holders and place all your proof coins in there.

Later---Rick

^^

(thumbs u

Really... going onto another site to post an emoticon, I thought I was the emoticonerd lol

Diameter refers to the distance across a circle. Dimensions are what you meant to say. Diameter doesn't make sense when not talking about a circle.

^^

(thumbs u

Diameter refers to the distance across a circle. Dimensions are what you meant to say. Diameter doesn't make sense when not talking about a circle.

Well I have a more sophisticated vocabulary than that. Google "diameter definition" and the 2nd definition is the lenth of a line. Though often used to describe circles, diameter is also used as another word for "length."

:makepoint:

^^

^^

(thumbs u

Well I have a more sophisticated vocabulary than that. Google "diameter definition" and the 2nd definition is the lenth of a line. Though often used to describe circles, diameter is also used as another word for "length."

^^

Like length of a circle?

^^

(thumbs u

^^

Where is the emoticon for the BS flag? doh!

^^

(thumbs u

^^

Where is the emoticon for the BS flag? doh!

This- :troll:

^^

(thumbs u

^^

Like length of a circle?

Just lengths in general. The term is usually used for circles but it is not necessarily always the case.

^^

(thumbs u

^^

Like length of a circle?

Just lengths in general. The term is usually used for circles but it is not necessarily always the case.

And never the case for slabs.

Nice ... never considered a cigar box but I was hoping for something that the holders will slip into - like a slab does into a NGC box or wooden holder. The point is not to let them bang into each other...

I actually need 2 boxes one for the 5 coin Capital holder and one for the 6 coin holder...

I am hoping each box will hold 10 Capitol holders so an entire decide of proof/mint sets can fit into one box...

Something like this would work if it didn't have the partition in the middle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160705597884?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

^^

(thumbs u

^^

Like length of a circle?

And never the case for slabs.

The lenth of a slab is measured as a line.

Now, lets end this trolling topic. :troll:

Something like this would work if it didn't have the partition in the middle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160705597884?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

So close! :(

Hey, noow, let me teach you how to read a dictionary:

di·am·e·ter/dīˈamitər/

Noun:

1. A straight line passing from side to side through the center of a body or figure, esp. a circle or sphere.

2. The length of this line.

The length of "this" line refers back to definition 1 - a straight line passing through the center of a circle. Not the length of any random line.

Hey, noow, let me teach you how to read a dictionary:

di·am·e·ter/dīˈamitər/

Noun:

1. A straight line passing from side to side through the center of a body or figure, esp. a circle or sphere.

2. The length of this line.

The length of "this" line refers back to definition 1 - a straight line passing through the center of a circle. Not the length of any random line.

Oh, suuuuure, physics, thats totallly true :roflmao: