• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone ever seen a LYMAN silver bar before? posted by dostro

10 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Has anyone ever seen a LYMAN silver bar before?

I just puchased a old silver bar. It has the letters LYMAN across the top and I was told it was 10oz of pure silver. Just wondering if anyone has ever seen one of these before?

10165.jpg

See more journals by dostro

I've had a couple of those in the past. The ones I had did not have the purity marked anywhere on them which caused hardship when I decided to eliminate them from my household. Most places wouldnt touch them simply because they were not marked .999 pure silver. Needless to say, I personally would never buy them again in view of what I had gone through.

A very nice chunk of silver there. I think the $575 price on the SMS LYMAN was placed when silver was high. Right now is a great oppertunity to get you some silver bars. Current silver value $27 an ounce I believe is the lowest in years.

I would trade all my coins for SILVER BARS if someone offered the value in trade. HaHa----

Nice Addition to your collection dostro