• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a bug in the Registry?

18 posts in this topic

I tried to register two coins today and was unable to get the coin drop down menu to show anything. As a result I was unable to register these two coins. Thanks for any help.

• Administrator

I tested this and had the same issue for non-NGC certified World and Ancient coins. We will look into a fix and I will keep you posted.

Thanks for your patience.

It could be that your attempt was during one of NGC's updates. I'm have a similar problem now verifying some certification numbers. Nothing comes up, though I know the numbers are correct. Just give it a few hours, and the "bug" will get squashed!

I am entering the first spouse coins with no success. The drop down menu for coins does not work. :(

As of the current time today 1:35 on 12/27/2011 the situation remains unresolved. No entering of my new coins is possible :(

I successfully entered my coins on 12/29/11 but the "points" have yet to be assigned????

I am not in the running for any of the awards but perhaps that is the problem. Thanks for another viewpoint and I will wait patiently for the correction. :)

• Administrator

PCGS-graded coins are listed as Pending until approved by an admin. The points will be assigned as soon as the coins are approved. Are you still having an issue adding the coins to the set?

No the coins were accepted on 12/29 but there was no point value added for the two coins. Thank you for following up on this. I appreciate your efforts on my behalf. :)

• Administrator

Ron,

Could you email me the cert numbers and the name of the set you're trying to add the coins to? I don't see them in our Pending Adds screen. My email is mspiegel@ngccoin.com

Thanks,

Max

I've posted two journal entries today, and each time, I checked all of the appropriate boxes to have them also listed on the message boards for comment. Neither one made it. I know that other users have had this problem too. I'm using Firefox and am allowing access to all sites. The posts are:

My Latest USA/Philippines Acquisition

My Latest USA/Philippines Acquisition - the flip side

I have had this work once before. What can I do to get my journal entries to post to the message boards?

Thanks.

• Administrator

Thanks for the message. Yes, I've heard of this issue with other journals before and I forwarded your comments to one of our programmers. I'll get back to you when I hear anything.

The glitch that I have noticed in the registry occurs when trying to use an apostrophy in a coin description. It reads this key as an entry of an illegal key and ties the coin up so that it will not be enter or post into the set. You have to be aware of this and go back and take this apostrophy out, despite using bad grammer and not use it in order to list the coin.